TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Wrist pain (RSI possibly) - August 11th 2012, 12:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Basically I went on the guitar hero the other day for a couple of hours and since then I've had a pain in my wrist it comes and goes through out the day, I've heard of RSI (repetitive strain injury) , I know you can't diagnose and I'm not asking anyone to, but I'm considering going to the hospital about this I also have a couple of deepish cuts on my thigh that probably need looking at too, so if I do go to the hospital I will get these looked at to, I guess what I'm asking is , is it possible that I do have RSI from the guitar hero ? Just so that if I do go to the hospital about this and the cuts, I can give the hospital staff an rough idea of what I think is wrong with my wrist etc.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Wrist pain (RSI possibly) - August 11th 2012, 01:06 PM

Hi Lyd.

If you think you have RSI, I suggest you see your GP in the week. I am guessing they'll first tell you to do simple things such as taking pain killers and using hot water bottles etc to help with the pain. They might diagnose you with it and might refer you to a physiotherapist. But from what you're saying, I wouldn't class it as urgent and it doesn't need to be taken to a&e for. If you got to your doctors then you can always ask them to check your cuts too, if you want too.

Hope you're well,
jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Wrist pain (RSI possibly) - August 11th 2012, 02:56 PM

True yeah or I could just get my mum to look at it when she get's back from her holiday as shes a physiotherapist . if it gets worse during the week I will book an appointment with my Dr or a Dr at my local Dr's surgery.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Wrist pain (RSI possibly) - August 11th 2012, 08:02 PM

I agree with Jessie. Unless it is keeping you from using it at all or keeping you from sleeping, this can wait for a normal GP doctor. I suggest putting ice on it after you use it or put strain on it, and then put a heating pad on it before using it if possible.

Closed Thread