TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

View Poll Results: What is your most prominant symptom when you have AIWS?
everything around me moves and/or I feel it move 0 0%
my sense of touch becomes "off" (ex: walking through floors, walls feeling squishy like sponges...) 0 0%
tunnel vision or weird stuff happens to my vision 0 0%
my body becomes distorted* 0 0%
auditory hallucinations and/or any kind of hallucination 0 0%
All of the above 0 0%
all of the above and more (like what? I learn more and more about it everyday )* 0 0%
What the heck?! I don't have Alice in wonderland syndrome. I'm just here. 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelu Offline
Floating llama
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lelu

Lightbulb Alice in wonderland syndrome - August 15th 2012, 06:47 PM

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone else here has Alice in Wonderland syndrome. I have had it for about a year now and it can be really frustrating. Has anyone on here found a way to control it? I mean, I can't stop the wall from bending in, but if I focus really hard, I can control how it moves. It doesn't work all the time though...but it works sometimes and that's good. I recently found that music somehow affects it, but I don't know if it's better. So anyone with AIWS: try listening to all types of music and see if anything's different. I get results with "Hey Jude" by the beetles. I would love to hear your feedback on your discoveries because I got into an art school and frustrating can't describe how I feel when everything I'm drawing keeps moving around.

If anyone thinks they have it, talk to a doc. AIWS can resemble schizophrenia and it wouldn't be good if you got misdiagnosed.

Bluh spelling errors on the poll. Sorry. I did it really quickly.

OH HEY I FOUND THIS: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21734437/
I'm pretty sure it's a cure, but I don't understand it...

I hope you have a nice day!

No matter how bad you look today (or think you look, for that matter), smile and you'll look beautiful. Everyone likes smiles so smile when you can and brighten people's day!

Last edited by Lelu; August 15th 2012 at 06:54 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Alice in wonderland syndrome - August 15th 2012, 09:25 PM

I had never heard of it but I did some research on it just now.
Are you diagnosed by a doctor, and if so what sort of treatments or therapies have they offered you so far? Have you tried any of them?
From reading the initial description and causes on several websites I figured that anticonvulsants might help (and I later read that it is one of the types of medications used to treat it), along with antidepressants, beta blockers, and calcium channel blockers (all of these medications modify how your brain transmits information which is how they help). If your doctor hasn't mentioned any of this and your condition is preventing you from doing certain things then maybe you should bring it up?

I also read that diets geared toward migraine sufferers can help ( http://migrainefit.com/migraine/migraine-diet ). While that site doesn't give a list, it talks about several different diet options and gives you more than enough information to make your own diet plan.

Other than that everything I've read says to just rest when symptoms become too much to handle.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread