TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lelu Offline
Floating llama
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lelu

Migraines - August 25th 2012, 05:27 AM

Hi people of teen help. I'd like to talk a bit about complicated migraines.

For those who suffer from them, I feel your pain. Ive had complicated migraines for about a year now and it sucks. I went through a lot of crazy testing for them to figure out what I had and I hope that by posting this, no one has to go through the s*** time I went through.

MIGRAINE SUFFERERS MAY NOT HAVE A LOT OF HEAD PAIN!!!!
Sometimes there's only a bit of pressure, but it's probably nowhere near as much as classic migraine sufferers.

OUR AURAS ARE WEIRD.
I taste my migraines. No joke, I taste where in my head I'm having a migraine. Its not synesthesia people.

FACIAL NUMBNESS AND PARALYSIS.
This one is fun (sarcasm). Usually the left side of my body goes numb, and sometimes my tongue and throat making it difficult to breathe. There's sometimes facial pain and I usually taste my face (seriously.)

ACUTE CONFUSIONAL MIGRAINE (aka ACM)
This one is the worst. What happens is I get really confused. If someone were to tell me "hey let's hang out at 4" I'd say something like "But that doesn't make sense. What happened to 3? Or 2? This isn't making sense....what was I talking about? Who are you?"

ALICE IN WONDERLAND SYNDROME
I have the severeish kind. Basically I get hallucinations, walls and floors move when I walk on them or touch them, everything moves, my hands get big and my feet get small, auditory hallucinations, time gets distorted, basically everything is distorted and wrong.

I hope someone finds use to this. I hope it helped someone. If any of you guys get this stuff, AWESOME, NOW GO SEE A DOCTOR. lol seriously. Anyway, good night, the screen is too bright and I can't rhyme.

I hope you have a nice day!

No matter how bad you look today (or think you look, for that matter), smile and you'll look beautiful. Everyone likes smiles so smile when you can and brighten people's day!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Migraines - August 30th 2012, 01:08 AM

I didn't realize migraines come in so many forms! Thank you for sharing with us. =) I am going to move your thread to the "General Health" forum, as it may receive more attention there.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Migraines - August 30th 2012, 03:34 AM

I used to get bad migraines, never had them before but after having an MIR there was an abnormal amount of pressure. I had just the classic symptoms of a migraine but my spinal fluid was over 32, they couldn't even measure the amount of fluid since it shot out of the top of the needle thing. Really sucks to suffer from a migraine, any migraine.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelu Offline
Floating llama
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lelu

Re: Migraines - September 2nd 2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
I didn't realize migraines come in so many forms! Thank you for sharing with us. =) I am going to move your thread to the "General Health" forum, as it may receive more attention there.
They do come in many many different forms. Thanks for moving it! I had no idea where to put it...
No problem! Thanks for commenting!

I hope you have a nice day!

No matter how bad you look today (or think you look, for that matter), smile and you'll look beautiful. Everyone likes smiles so smile when you can and brighten people's day!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L'Aviatrice Offline
Ex astris, scientia
Not a n00b

Name: Kelly

Re: Migraines - September 4th 2012, 06:33 AM

Huh. I didn't know about all the different types, either. I used to get horribly painful migraines between ages 13ish and 20ish... it felt like my head was slowly exploding and it was so severe that I'd tightly tie a bandana around my head because it felt like it was keeping my skull intact. Lovely thought, huh??
I actually participated in a medical study on migraines and was given Botox shots in my forehead, and I'd go up to a year without having one. I loved it. The study ended and my parent's health insurance wouldn't cover the cost of $500 a shot after that, but luckily, I've found that if I feel one starting, I take three Aleve tablets and it curbs the headache. I very rarely get them anymore.

L'Aviatrice

Closed Thread