TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shannon_bubs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shannon

Question anemia? - August 25th 2012, 08:10 PM

hey, i think i might be anemic. i have searched the symptoms online and im constantly tired and have no energy. i have 'started' and they are quite heavy so i loose that too. i get moments where im really out of breath for no reason and i sometimes get a mild buzzing in my ears, particulary when its time for bed. i have always felt itchy like have itchy skin and i find it quite hard to swallow my saliva? i would go to a doctor but im terrified of needles and i know te only way you can tell is with a blood test :L have i got it?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: anemia? - August 25th 2012, 08:22 PM

As you said, a doctor would have to take a blood test to find out, so you need to visit one as soon as possible. It's impossible to make these kinds of diagnoses over the Internet.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: anemia? - August 25th 2012, 09:04 PM

Hi there

I struggled badly with Anemia. It can be easily treated but can have severe symptoms. I was in hospital when I found out I had it and I had tests because I was passing out and shaking while I had passed out and would wake up being sick and people were concerned I was having fits but i was just anaemic. Like said, the only way you're going to find out is to have blood tests to check your iron levels and I advise you to do so. Your doctor will be able to prescribe you iron tablets. However, you can buy these cheap from your chemist so you can try that yourself and see how you feel after taking them for a while but if you still feel the same after you have been on them, I'd definitely suggest you seeing your doctor

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mindyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mindy

Re: anemia? - August 25th 2012, 10:32 PM

I had the same problem and I thought it was normal for someone to bleed that much in the beginning but it continued for a few years. It sounds like you might be anemic! Needles are scary but it's even scarier if you don't take care of the problem. If you do need to take iron tablets, I recommend the carbonyl kind. They are easy on the stomach But I would go to the doctor, not just for the anemia, but to find out why you are bleeding a lot. It's better to check it out sooner than later.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: anemia? - August 26th 2012, 08:10 AM

I don't think the OP should take anything until she's seen a doctor. She might indeed have anemia and the iron tablets might help, but there's always the possibility that it could be something else, possibly even a contraindication for iron. The doctor is the one who will have to make that call.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#6 (permalink)) Old
shannon_bubs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: shannon

Re: anemia? - August 26th 2012, 01:34 PM

yea thanks u guys!! i will have to go see a doctor before it gets too bad!! is there any dissolvable tablets? im terrified of swallowing them coz i got one stuck in my throat :L time to face my fears of needles... do any of u know where i can get some numbing cream? LOL thankyou soo much though <3

Closed Thread