TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kathryn x
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn Dow

Unhappy Helmet of pain - August 30th 2012, 10:20 AM

I don't normally get ill, but yesterday I got the most blinding headache I have ever experienced. I was at work and I was cleaning with this "Assert Lemon" stuff, and that's when it came on. It was so intense, and the pain would shift around my head; first behind my eyes, then in my forehead, and then in my ears. People looking at me whilst I was cleaning tables (I work at a cafe) must've thought I was the most slowest and miserable employee ever. I stuck out my headache for about three hours, and then I couldnt take anymore. I went up to the office and told my supervisor and my boss that I would like to go home. Then I broke down in tears because the pain was so intense. I hate crying in frount of people, I was so embarrased. I don't really know the cause of the headache, but I'm guessing that it was stress; I start college on Monday, and have been to busy to prepare. I was meant to enroll there today but I couldnt, so my Mum's gone in for me. I've never had a migrane before, so I'm not sure if this could be classed as one. I dont want to go back to work, I'm so embarrased

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Helmet of pain - August 30th 2012, 11:30 PM

First of all, don't feel embarrassed about what happened. What you are describing sounds like you might of had a migraine. Did you experience any other symptoms while this was going on? Did you experience any nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and/or sound, etc? If so, then you probably had a migraine. Stress could have also been a factor in what caused the migraine. But, the next time you experience something like this, go to a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kathryn x
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn Dow

Re: Helmet of pain - August 31st 2012, 11:48 AM

Well I did feel really sick at the time and had to clench my teeth together when dealing with food :S I'll make sure I go to the doctor next time it happens because that was unlike any headache I have ever had..

Thanks for the help!

Closed Thread