TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Question Negative thinking? - September 12th 2012, 07:36 AM

Hey guys, is it possible to have actually believed something to be true so hard that I am getting symptoms? I am having headaches and a stiff neck again and it is driving me insane with worry right now. Am I getting worse or has my brain tricked my body into thinking the clot could still be there. I don't know if it IS still there. I am scheduled for an MRI on the 27th (wish my luck, I need it), and I am very scared that I will need surgery. An ache is in the low part of my skull and the headache is where I had it in the beginning. Although, I have been forgetting (deliberately not taking my morning pills [I have an anxiety disorder and if I eat anything in the morning I vomit so I can't even take my meds]) to take my pills. It is possible I am just getting pressure in my head, but I can't tell if it's fake or real. It feels real, but is it possible I am imagining it?

Any reply would be good right now to stop me from freaking out.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Negative thinking? - September 12th 2012, 10:19 AM

It is definitely possible that you've convinced yourself of this and been getting symptoms. It's actually really easy to trick our minds. I know a girl that's been depressed for years without really knowing why she felt that way (or that she did), but she was always getting sick, and we think it was her mind coming up with a reason for her to feel that way. Her mind was creating symptoms so that she believed that she was sick and most of the time she wasn't. If you've been really stressing over this for a while, it's quite possible that symptoms could be imagined. However, it's a good idea to get it checked out anyway (which you're already doing) because this isn't something that you should just ignore, even if you think it is just in your mind. Good luck. I hope everything goes okay

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Negative thinking? - September 12th 2012, 10:35 AM

Thanks I'll be sure to let everyone know, but as soon as I take my pills the headache vanishes shortly afterwards. I think I'm addicted to my pills.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hjpwarwick Offline
hannah
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Negative thinking? - September 12th 2012, 12:07 PM

maybee taking your pills would be good,
can you not take them later in the day when you have eaten?
on top of everything you dont want to get pregnant as well it would be bad timing wouldn't it!
plus it probaly will control the ehadaches.

but it's definately possible to make yourself believe there's pain, the mind is a very very powerful thing,
however are these symptoms normal to eb experienced after such an operation or does the symptoms normally go?
it may eb worth checking with your GP, who knows it may eb a side effect that they could help with!
hope it helps!
Hannah

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Negative thinking? - September 12th 2012, 11:27 PM

I'm meant to take them everyday at the same time the headache is right now behind my eyes, making it difficult to concentrate...
No boyfriend, getting pregnant is not an option :/
I know it is, which is why I'm unsure of whether it's real or not
I may have the operation at the end of the month after my MRI if it shows bad news...
Thanks Hannah.

Jay

Closed Thread