TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Desperate - October 5th 2012, 01:25 PM

I used to smoke, don't judge, they're really easy to get in my area and I used to smoke them, in three days I'd smoked 8 cigarettes but this was last year and I'm really craving one! I really am, probably because I have so much stress about fitting in at school and getting all my work handed in. But, cigs may induce my death which I don't want because I want to protect my friends. One couldn't hurt though.... I hate this yearning. I mean, whenever I go to the local shops with mum we walk through the smoking zone and I just stare at the cigarettes and think, what would that person do if I asked for one? Or I'd walk through the smoke inhaling to get the smoke deep into my lungs and just smile. It feels awesome, I know it's a digusting habit, but for me it actually it takes the edge off. I have had the speels from two of my male cousins, both smoke like chimneys and spend most of their days trashed because they're over eighteen now :/ but I really want one! As soon as I know it's safe to smoke I'm buying a pack! Fucking desperate!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: Desperate - October 6th 2012, 07:16 PM

I know how you feel. Just try to keep your mind off of it. I know that's easier said then done, but it should still be worth a shot. Good luck on quitting.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Desperate - October 6th 2012, 11:23 PM

Smoking is a huge health issue as you already know. I've lost a lot of close family to smoking so I've never really got into it. Quitting is hard there's no question about that. I think half the battle is getting yourself out of those key pressure situations. Whether its at school in the smoking section or at a bar. Try to avoid hanging out in those situations, naturally it'll stop you from thinking about it or at least help.

Coming to terms with quitting cold turkey is the only way to do it, people say they quit for 3 months. That's not quitting - thats taking a break. To quit is to not do it again; smoking kills if you value life you'll put your foot down. We are here for you and I personally would like to hear that you've over come this addiction.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future, if you need anything please message me. As a side note I've moved your thread to the general health forum because at TeenHelp we try to focus on the heath & recovery aspect of smoking, I've also added a 'strong language' tag to this thread because of the F bomb.

Kind Regards,
Ryan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Desperate - October 7th 2012, 01:45 AM

Thanks guys. Most of people around my school smoke and if you want to fit in you have to be a party-goer, drink till to you vomit, and smoke. I am never going to get smashed again, that's a fact, but I can't seem to get rid of the urges. I mean, when I smoked everything seemed to get a bit easier, like I could keep going through the day. When I ws younger I also swore to myself 'I'm never going to smoke, just smell that it's sickening' and when I wagged with my friends they'd bring cigs and I jumped at the chance, to be 'cool'.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread