TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
makinsj Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 8th 2012, 09:32 PM

Hey guys, im fat and don't know what to do about it.
Im male. 15 years old. about 5"5 in height and weigh about [EDIT ] stone. I would say i am a bit active, i have 3 hours of sport per week during school time. I am normally on my trampoline for about 1 hour per day. I spend about 14 hours a week doing sport/exercise, mainly cardiovascular. I wouldn't say i eat alot. I dont drink fizzy drinks, i hardly ever eat crisps and i'd say i have about 1 sweet/chocolate bar per month. I HAVE A PRETTY BALANCED DIET. I just dont know why my weight continues to increase. PLEASE HELP I also take my dog on regular walks being about 20 minutes a day.

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; October 9th 2012 at 06:33 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 8th 2012, 10:26 PM

Hey there
Well for one, your not fat. I'm sure a moderator will remove the weight numbers soon, but since I've already seen it I can tell you your not fat.
Your weight could very well be increasing due to building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, and if you work out a lot your body could be building muscle.
I can also tell you you don't have an eating disorder, but you do probably have a poor body image.
Try and think positive thoughts about your body everyday, at least one. It should help that part.
Do you eat a lot of fruits and veg?
I can't really tell you much, but I can tell you that your not fat, and I wouldn't worry too much. If you want to try and lose weight, eat more fruits and vegetables, but don't do anything drastic.
Hang in there.
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 9th 2012, 01:27 AM

I agree, I mean I can't see the weight number, but more than likely if you see the number increasing it's going to be because you've gained muscle(: Don't stress about it too much, you're perfect the way you are!

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
makinsj Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 9th 2012, 06:44 AM

I eat plenty of veg, not a lot of fruit though, i love fruit but for some reason never eat it...or barely.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 9th 2012, 11:03 AM

I agree with the others. If you really want to accurately measure yourself, get scales which weight fat, muscle, water, etc and they usually show in percentage format. I have a set and they are easily attainable.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 9th 2012, 05:18 PM

Losing weight can be tricky, even if you're doing all the right things. You exercise and eat healthy, which is good! I would suggest seeing a dietician. They can help you figure out why you're not losing weight. They can also help tweak your diet and exercise routine so that it's effective. They'll take in account your height, weight, muscle mass, diet, and exercise routine to figure out what exactly is going on there. But for now, keep eating healthy and exercising. Because really, your health is a bit more important than your weight. Although they often tie hand in hand, healthy actions are more important. Does that make sense? I hope this helped.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: FAT FAT FAT PLEASE HELP - October 9th 2012, 05:33 PM

I'm gonna throw this in the mix.........not to freak you our or anything but if you are doing all these things and being very active and eating right and stuff and you are gaining weight, like at a pretty steady rate.......it might be some other health issue. Sometimes wight gain is attached to a health problem (one you might now know about) or possibly a medication you might be taking. So if you are gaining weight pretty steadily and are worried you might just go see a doctor and see whats up. But then again, you are 15, it is possible that you are just hitting a growth spirt or something. So I wouldnt worry about it.

Closed Thread