TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 05:05 AM

Just curious as to if anyone has had to deal with one on here. I'm fairly sure that's what's going in with me currently, haven't been to a doctor yet (or said anything to my mom) because it's only been a few days and I wasn't really sure. I was curious as to what the doctor may do when I go in, as some of the stuff I found online said that it's a fairly common problem for women to develop and is easily diagnosed, so the doctors basically prescribe antibiotics and send you on your way. Others said with an initial onset of it doctors won't just prescribe antibiotics, they'll check things out and do some testing beforehand.

I've only ever been taken to the doctor like once before by my parents, and only then because I fractured a bone in my foot. So frankly, any chance I'll have to go tends to freak me the heck out. Haha.

Thanks for any input!

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 05:55 AM

I've had this a few times. Most of the times, my doctors got me to do a urine sample to determine whether it was this or not. If it was they prescribed anti-biotics. However, last time I went, my doctor didn't do any tests but put me straight on anti-biotics. If you speak to your doctor and get treatment sooner rather than later, it's pretty simple to treat.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
I've had this a few times. Most of the times, my doctors got me to do a urine sample to determine whether it was this or not. If it was they prescribed anti-biotics. However, last time I went, my doctor didn't do any tests but put me straight on anti-biotics. If you speak to your doctor and get treatment sooner rather than later, it's pretty simple to treat.
Ahh. See I had seen that among other things, but it tends to help me to know what to expect before I do things haha. I guess I'll suck it up and talk to my mom tomorrow or Monday. I don't really have a regular doctor though so I assume we'd just go to like an urgent care or something.
One of my concerns with the whole situation is the fact it's probably been since about Thursday? I think? Maybe a day or two earlier that I first started having the symptoms. And I know if you go without getting it treated it can get worse and a lot more complicated. Things like that start to bug me and make me slightly panicy cause they never really say how long it generally takes xD and I don't want things to get worse haha.

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 03:09 PM

Hi again

You could go to the urgent care centre yes. I suggest you do so if you don't have a regular doctor. It can get worse the longer you leave it from what I know. But everyone's case is different. I left mine about four weeks once but it was still easily treatable. I was scared about it, like you. But the longer you leave it, the worse it could get so you're better taking twenty seconds of bravery and telling your mum, yeah? You can get treatment, you deserve it. Stop putting it of, it won't be too bad

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
Hi again

You could go to the urgent care centre yes. I suggest you do so if you don't have a regular doctor. It can get worse the longer you leave it from what I know. But everyone's case is different. I left mine about four weeks once but it was still easily treatable. I was scared about it, like you. But the longer you leave it, the worse it could get so you're better taking twenty seconds of bravery and telling your mum, yeah? You can get treatment, you deserve it. Stop putting it of, it won't be too bad

Jessie
thanks Jessie!

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 14th 2012, 05:17 PM

Yeah, do not leave it untreated for long.
Everyone is different however I know this can lead to kidney infection or close to it and being in a hospital with IV's because of one of these and then having to take antibiotics is not where you want to end up.
The sooner the better.
Going to urgent care sounds like the best option, they may or may not test you before giving you the antibiotics but regardless leaving it untreated will do no good.
Some things that help, things you can do at home, are drinking lots of water, cranberry juice, eating yogurt and berries (the low acidity of them helps clean out your system), avoid orange juice or other juices with high acidic content until you are feeling and your body is back to normal.
Hopefully this helps and that you get better soon.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 15th 2012, 03:55 PM

Well I had planned on talking to my mom about it today, so of course she isn't home. She went in for work in a day she normally has off.
My symptoms have pretty much stopped now, besides some minor lower back pain (which could easily be from sleeping weird or something) but I think I need to go anyway. My symptoms have been odd over this whole situation anyway

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Bladder Infection? - October 16th 2012, 04:06 AM

You definitely have a great idea by going anyways. Even if your symptoms are lessened you still probably have some of the infection. It is like when you get the antibiotics and you start noticing the symptoms go away, you do not stop taking the medicine until it is gone, not just because you are feeling better. Never leave any of them in their box. You should only receive enough for a few days.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread