TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Got a question about requiring glasses - November 4th 2012, 04:22 AM

I apologise firstly for posting so much in the past couple of days but yeah, I can't be stuffed going to a doctor is there is a chance I don't need one (by doctor I mean optometrist or whatever).

Okay, well, I had to go to an optometrist a few months ago to check to see if there was any pressure building up behind my eyes. That was all good thank God, but I learned I was long sighted (I think that's right, I can see extremely far off but sometimes things get blurry when close up). Anyway, lately I've been getting headaches, and they only occur after reading something that is within 1 metre. So if I'm reading a book which is only 30 centimetres away from my eyes I get a headache. For anybody who wears glasses, how did it start out for you? Because, in the mornings when I wake up I get extremely bleary-eyed and have to lie still for at least fifteen minutes to recover my vision and for the blurriness to go...
So any help would be great...

Jay.

P.S the guy whom I went to for my eye check, also told me that I may require reading glasses.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Got a question about requiring glasses - November 4th 2012, 04:36 AM

Although I don't wear glasses myself, I know many people that do. Usually if u get a headache wearing glasses it just means the prescription isn't right for you. I would say you should go to the optometrist again and check if the glasses you wear are right for you.

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Got a question about requiring glasses - November 4th 2012, 04:40 AM

Oops, better clarify. He said I'd need them, but mum was cheapo and said if I get bad symptoms then she would just get me the free ones. I don't actually have any glasses right at this time.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Got a question about requiring glasses - November 4th 2012, 04:48 AM

ok so this means that you do need glasses because you are forcing your eyes to adjust to a length that they cannot focus in. You get the headaches because your eyes are working way too hard. So you have to get yourself glasses.
Once you get the glasses then you will not have the headaches anymore. This just means that your eyes are working harder than they are supposed to and you need glasses. I have also heard that the longer you spend without glasses the more your eyes will become worse because you are straining your eyes.

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Got a question about requiring glasses - November 4th 2012, 04:51 AM

Yeah well, I couldn't bring it up with mum because she wouldn't even care... She'd say some shit like 'you don't need glasses because he said you didn't' or spin it back on herself... I have mild asthma and mum doesn't even want to cough up the money for an inhaler so I have to steal a friends or sit down and do breathing excersises..... I am going to have to go through life with one giant headache, I read every day so woop-de-doo....

Jay.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Got a question about requiring glasses - November 7th 2012, 01:34 AM

I agree that this may mean you need glasses. I got glasses for the first time when I was in like fourth grade? That was about age nine? Something like that. I'm sixteen now, so I've had them for a while. I noticed that I was getting headaches a lot and I couldn't see things far away well, like it was blurry for me to see the board. When I need a prescription upped I get headaches too. Maybe you can see your school nurse and talk to her/him about it? Maybe they can talk to your mom about getting glasses, because it is important to get the corrective lenses.

Closed Thread