TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Sweating - November 7th 2012, 01:26 AM

Hi :-)

So basically, my anti-depresent which I recently started taking, is used to in mature women to prevent symptoms of the menopause. I'm taking it for my depression and today my doctor told me the symptoms I've been showing are related to this medication and it's basically having the reverse affect and is causing symptoms such as hot flushes which is causing me, some days, to sweat a lot. Some days, I have to wash 6 or 7 times through out the day and change my top half way through the day.

So, any one got any brilliant and top quality, deodorant that works wonders or any ideas on what I can do to try and prevent so much sweating?

Thanks!

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Sweating - November 7th 2012, 03:44 PM

I like "Secret" liquid gels. Those work for me best. I get horrible hot flashes during my menstrual cycle. I find the gel does so much better. If you prefer the powder, I do recommend Degree Sexy Intrigue. It is one of my all time favorite powders. It has a strong smell and it usually lasts me a good sweaty workout, plus a few extra hours.

Otherwise, you can ask your doctor for a prescription for deodorant that is generally stronger thank store-bought ones. Also, wearing cotton instead of other materials will help soak up the sweat, as well as let more air in so the air can dry the sweat quicker. Having air blowing on you helps, as well.

Good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XxDreamerxX Offline
Reach Out and Touch a Dream
Not a n00b

Name: Cedric

Re: Sweating - November 8th 2012, 02:50 AM

I use a product called "Certain Dri". It comes in a few forms. Roll-on for those with more normal skin type and solid for those with more sensitive. Its applied at night but there is an A.M. version. It is scentless so a deodorant can still be applied for scent if desired.

The regular product is a prescription strength antipersperant. It is so strong that after I used it for a few nights to get it to work, I only apply once every other day and I don't sweat where i apply it at all. I mean like heavy activity and crazy dancing for an hour straight, no sweat.

It does come with a cost though. If you have sensitive skin or over apply it can cause burning, itching, and redness. The severity of the reaction depends on application and skin sensitivity though. One roll over each section of the skin is plenty rolling over a spot a few times will cause a reacton.

Everything will be good in the end, if its not good, its not the end.

"Too many horns, man" - John

Closed Thread