TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

What the hell... - November 7th 2012, 08:23 PM

I've had hangovers (not often) before. I've been sick with flu. I've been many things, like most people.

Nothing like wtf happened today.

In the morning, I was feeling fine (about 7/8am). At about 10am I started getting a headache. It got worse throughout the day. I started feeling like I hadn't eaten or drank water for several days. I couldn't think straight and some of my muscles even started to twitch. I could also barely keep myself awake. By 4pm I had got a soar throat and started sneezing, and in the space of a few hours my acne went from none, to ridiculous. At 5pm the headache was unbearable. It felt like my immune system just totally crapped out or something.

I'm feeling better now (since 7pm). I've stopped sneezing, all I have is an irritated throat. Acne has stopped getting worse. In fact I'm feeling just normal, same as always, as if nothing happened.

Anyone else had something this sudden happen to them (besides things like car accidents)? And recover from it even faster? Wtf could this be?

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; November 7th 2012 at 08:29 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: What the hell... - November 7th 2012, 10:23 PM

It sounds like a migraine, which can often times develop into a fever because your body doesn't understand what is happening. This can cause extra oils to be secreted, causing your acne to flair up.

It definitely sounds like you developed a fever. As to what caused it, not sure. I've been fine before, then within minutes had a fever, which progressed quickly to the point where I forgot where I was. Then it was gone as suddenly as it was there. My doctor said it could have been any infection, even one that cleared up on it's own days later.

Glad you are feeling better. Be sure to drink a lot of water and keep resting. If it happens again, see your GP.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: What the hell... - November 9th 2012, 05:32 PM

Yea well when I was weakened that day, my throat started aching. In the evening I was feeling better and thought nothing of it. Now I got the flu for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: What the hell... - November 12th 2012, 09:50 AM

Hey there, there is a flu going around my school and people have been feeling like this. Hell, I felt like this and am only just getting over the flu after having this random shit the other day. Ooh, the joy of headaches... But, yeah, Saturday, I was out, drinking enough water, fine all morning, bam, major headache which seemed to hit the crest hmm, mid-day, maybe one or two o'clock? But, my voice was really hoarse, could barely keep myself awake, I did fall asleep though (in a car, which, I must say, is spectacular if you knew the roads we were travelling on) and when I woke, my headache was better and everything felt great (my limps kept falling asleep and I was NOT sitting on them so was freaking out, hoping the pills hadn't destroyed more than I thought.) But, yeah, things happen, our bodies are unusual things, and it may have been the warning event before you got sick. I often believe, your white blood cells are competant enough at certain points but then they lie down on the job because they think it's over and then you get sick That is why I'm going to study medicine so I can find out why our bodies work this way...

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread