TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Foot/ankle pain - November 10th 2012, 04:26 AM

Hello, everybody!

I'm just going to launch right into the issue here. If you can help/have any idea about what this might be I'd lover you forever.

So on Sunday, I woke up and it hurt to move my left foot around. I brushed it off and just figured that I did something funky in my sleep.

Well, it hasn't gotten any better since then. I finally told my mom on Thursday because I'm a part of our fall show at school and I have to run out and do a big scene change. Lame excuse, but if something WAS wrong I didn't want to be unable to do the change in the show. That would be why I told her opening night...

Anyways, she bought an ankle brace and it hasn't really been helping that much. I asked to schedule a doctor's appointment, but we don't know when I'll be able to go to one because I have a lot of choir/theater stuff. I know that my health should take priority, but I'm at that point where I really don't even care anymore. Added to which, people rely on me to be there and I don't want to let them down.

So anyways, in addition to having ideas as to what this could be, are there any suggestions about what could relieve the pain until I get into the doctor's office?
Thanks in advance.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: Foot/ankle pain - November 10th 2012, 12:23 PM

Hey there,

I'm not a doctor and therefore can't tell you exactly whats wrong but the chance are if you haven't noticable done something such as fallen over or twisted it, it's probably the muscles or liagments. If you do dancing with your theatre stuff you may have pull it and not realised, I do a lot of swimming and due to that I have weak joints and I only have to move for my shoulder to really start hurting, so it may be somethin like that.
Until you can book a doctors appointment maybe put ice on it for around 10 minutes at night, and for your shows perhaps bandaging or strapping your ankle to support it a bit.

I hope this helps,
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Just here.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jaime

Re: Foot/ankle pain - November 12th 2012, 08:52 PM

I agree with the above; definitely ice it, and if you notice swelling, elevate it. Also not putting any excess weight on it or training on it too hard would be a pointer. Ibuprofens may be better than paracetamol as well.

Strapping it up properly will also work better than a brace; if you can work out how to make it comfortable yourself just for the dance shows before you can see a doctor then the tape you need are available at most pharmacies and there are usually loads of tips on the internet about strapping up injuries.

More importantly, put your health first; you won't be able to do anything in the long run if you don't and it gets worse! Take care of yourself

Things, no matter how bad, will always get better. So smile, 'cause this is life, and life is what you make it.

Closed Thread