TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Feeling 'more' gender fluid whilst on my period? - November 15th 2012, 05:49 PM

This is mainly directed at anybody who is anything but cis, and who has a female body (for want of a better term).

When I'm on my period, I feel 'more' gender fluid. I don't necessarily feel more male, but I definitely feel less female. It's not through dislike of my period, like 'I wish I wasn't a girl because this hurts', I think it's because it reminds me of my femininity, and how my body isn't under my control. So even if I feel female, I'm reminded of how I am 'always' female. And if I feel male or other, I feel extremely dysphoric, hating my whole body. I think it brings more attention to my other 'female' parts as well, because I notice it all more.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else in a similar situation feels this way?

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12

Question Re: Feeling 'more' gender fluid whilst on my period? - November 15th 2012, 07:39 PM

I am very confused on what you mean is it that you just dont like to look female????
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: Feeling 'more' gender fluid whilst on my period? - November 15th 2012, 08:58 PM

Um no, I'm gender fluid... My gender changes... Sometimes I feel like a girl, and am happy with my body, and sometimes I feel male, and feel dysphoric in my body, and I bind and pack to help myself feel more right. And sometimes I don't feel like either.

Anyway... hopefully someone can actually answer my question. u_u

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Roy

Points: 7,627, Level: 12 Points: 7,627, Level: 12 Points: 7,627, Level: 12

Re: Feeling 'more' gender fluid whilst on my period? - November 16th 2012, 01:20 AM

I'm a transman and I feel like that. Most of the time I'm for the most part at least tolerable of my body, but on my period it's just... bad. I guess it's kind of similar because it reminds me that my body is female but yeah. Hope my thoughts could help.

Hoping to spend my life with my girlfriend Melissa
Closed Thread