TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jezebel666 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Advice please.. - November 24th 2012, 12:33 AM

Hey, im new to this so im not sure what to say really but ive been having a lot of problems of extreme procrastination and no motivation to do anything
everything i start i never finish
i always quit
i dont know if im really lazy or what but im supposed to graduate this year
im a year behind and still doing some grade 10 classes
at this pace ill never get done highschool
let alone get along in life
im not sure where to begin on how to kick these bad habits
i really want to change i just dont know where to start or if ill just quit that too..please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Advice please.. - November 24th 2012, 02:18 AM

I would suggest speaking to a counselor at your school, this is precisely the type of thing they get paid to help with. They'll not only be able to give you some good ideas and suggestions as to help you achieve what you're striving for, but if you meet with them regularly they can also help keep you on track so you don't lose sight of your goal.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Advice please.. - November 24th 2012, 11:56 AM

Hey there

Let me know if you need anything in here.

I have a few suggestions for you but these involve a major lifestyle change.

-Try to expand your horizons beyond school work. You can join some clubs in your school along with a friend. Joining it with a friend means that they can motivate you to not leave it. Or you can join hobby classes such as drawing, dancing, cooking etc.

-Try to work out a daily exercise routine. Exercise releases endorphins. Again, you can rope in some friends for this. You will get to spend some time together and at the same time will be doing something productive.

-Reward system. There must be some things that you must be doing during your procrastination time. So, you can do something like, unless you complete a particular amount of school work everyday, you can't do these things. They can be Facebook, video games, mobile etc. For this you can take the help of your family. Hand them over the things that distract you from your work and ask them not to give them back to your until you achieve all your goals for the day.

-You can make a time table and divide your day inculcating all the activities. And you can set up rewards. If you don't follow the schedule, then you don't get to do certain things.

Let your friends and family know that you are having trouble with this. They can help you with staying motivated. You can have study buddies. For me, I have a study buddy and when things are down and we don't feel like studying we sit together and motivate each other to keep studying.

Apart from this, as the above poster has suggested, you can visit your school counselor.

Just remember one thing, it is up to you to make an effort and bring about a change. Others can only give you suggestions and help to keep you motivated. At the end of the day, YOU have to take action. You can put up motivating post-it notes in your room. And you can even put them on things like your laptop. This way when you go to switch on your laptop, you'll be reminded that you need to complete your work first.

I hope that these help.

Feel free to PM me about anything.

Good luck!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread