TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Lack of Energy..... - December 7th 2012, 10:47 AM

Good morning guys, Hamed here, resident Buddy, yes it is my job to be happy and to make other people happy and comfortable. Happy I can do easily, but comfortable? . Anyway, I have been training for about a year now and I have had this issue for about a few months now.

My issue is, whenever I am weights training and get weak and sleepy of all things, I get sleepy . I originally thought it was dehydration or low blood sugars but then those theories were BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER when I ran a marathon over eight days last week.

I finished yesterday.

So, the point is, this ONLY happens with weights. It's wierd, how come weights is making me sleepy? LOL. And after the session, in the change rooms, I get weak and lethargic. But I am fine running fifteen kilometres on the treadmill . I'll ask the boys at the gym tomorrow but what do y'all amazing people think?

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

Last edited by Amorphous.; December 7th 2012 at 10:52 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Lack of Energy..... - December 7th 2012, 02:25 PM

Well if you're not having any blood sugar issues, my guess is that the physical exertion of the weightlifting itself is making you tired. I have lifted weights to the point where my body is sore all over before, and it does make you tired.

Lifting weights does induce change in the body because you're muscles are growing, and that means your body is stressed. The result is that you'll need rest.

That is my best guess at least. It'd be better to ask a coach or someone knowledgeable what they thought.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Re: Lack of Energy..... - December 7th 2012, 07:48 PM

I used to feel the same way which stopped me from actually training consistently but I now use a preworkout supplement. Like anything else, too much can be dangerous (closest example is coffee), but when used reasonably and as directed they are actually very beneficial to your cardiovascular system.

They give a big energy boost, prevent muscle soreness and just give a general resistance/strength boost I've found (being able to complete more sets, hit more muscle groups in a day, etc). Even on days I don't feel all that motivated just drinking one would get me all pumped for the gym. Also found that some (not all, but a fair bit) have no "crash" afterwards which was an issue if I wanted to workout during mid-day for example.

Obviously these don't mean that you don't need to have a balanced, healthy diet to fuel your muscles and keep them in tip top working condition, but I personally just cannot go without this stuff anymore, has made my life drastically easier.

Edit: Do keep in mind that as already stated weightlifting will make you tired, since you use up a lot of energy, but if it's an excessive tiredness then yeah this may do the job. Feel free to PM if you have any questions on which brands to avoid etc, otherwise, good luck :P

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

Closed Thread