Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!
Gingerbread Latte's Avatar
Name: Cara
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Scotland

Posts: 6,716
Blog Entries: 136
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Question about UK Doctors. - January 8th 2013, 07:10 PM

Hi there,

So I've had some issues with my bladder and urinary tract since May last year. I've been tested for a UTI, had blood tests to rule out kidney problems and had an ultrasound scan on my kidneys and bladder. All of these tests found nothing wrong. However, I'm still getting symptoms. I'm going to the bathroom about 20 times a day and I'm having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen.

Now I've been back to the doctors and ended up with a rubbish doctor who told me to get tested for thrush and also mentioned that this might be caused by the type of underwear I wear.

So I'm not really happy with this because I've had thrush before and this does not feel like thrush and I'm having no symptoms of thrush really.

The above is just background info, read from here if it's tl/dr
I decided to look up some symptoms myself so I could suggest things to the doctor. I've found that my symptoms are pretty identical to Interstitial Cystitis. It's uncommon in people my age but not unheard of. If I was to ask my doctor to test me for this, do they have an obligation to do so? Or will they just think I'm some stupid girl who's been looking up stuff online and ignore what I'm saying?

I just want to know what's wrong with me

Closed Thread


doctors, question

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.