TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Question Still Have Headaches!! - January 22nd 2013, 07:24 AM

I have had a headache now for three weeks and I have been to the doctors and I have a folic acid deficiency which I got diagnosed with a little over a week ago but I still have a horrible headache which is seriously hurting my neck making it stiff and pain full I donít know what to do. My mum wants to take me to the hospital because I have had it for so long but if it is just because of my folic acid deficiency should I even bother?
My doctor was useless really I had a different doctor when I first went in to the doctors and they sent me for blood tests and when I got back I had my original doctor and she didnít even know I was sent off for blood tests she didnít even bother asking me about it she took my blood pressure and put the pump thing on the wrong way which frustrated me.
What should I do? Itís getting worse and itís really difficult to sleep.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Still Have Headaches!! - January 22nd 2013, 12:34 PM

I would go back to the doctor, even ask for a different one if you can. Headaches shouldn't last that long, and they can mean a lot of things. For all you know it's not your deficiency that's causing your headache so it would be best to just get it checked out sooner than later.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Still Have Headaches!! - January 23rd 2013, 11:58 PM

Hmm, did they really think a folic acid deficiency was causing your headaches? I mean, maybe, but unlikely...

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Michael

Re: Still Have Headaches!! - January 24th 2013, 07:12 PM

Maybe it's your muscles. Massage therapists would likely call it a "trigger point referral". Doctors might call it "myofascial pain syndrome". Basically, neck massage might help. Stretching might help.

Yes, a tension headache can last weeks, and it can continue to get worse throughout the day. If everything else checks out, talk to your doctor and see if massage would be indicated or beneficial.

Also, if you do get massage, neck massage would likely be beneficial. If the therapist doesn't do any testing, and then proceeds to massage your back (and avoid your neck), then find a new massage therapist.

Edit: If it is an active one of these "trigger points", it could stay until something is done about it.

"Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven" -Tears in Heaven: Eric Clapton

Closed Thread