TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
acting101 Offline
Average Joe

Eye... goo, I guess? - January 25th 2013, 01:29 AM

The past couple weeks, my left eye has been getting this goo-like stuff on the surface of it when I take my contacts out. It usually happens when I wake up in the morning and after I take my contacts out.

I don't really know how to describe it. It's almost mucus like, but clear in colour. When it goes over my pupil, it makes it blurry to see. I usually have to poke it out of my eye in a mirror, or rub my eye until it goes away.

Should I go see a doctor or something about this? I've tried Googling to figured out what it could be, but can't really find much because I don't really know what it is or how to explain it properly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Eye... goo, I guess? - January 25th 2013, 02:01 AM

Yup, you should see a doctor. Your contacts could be dirty, or it could be a minor infection, or you could have hay fever. I have a similar thing (I called it "eye snot" when first describing it, a little uncouth I guess), although mine never goes over my pupil and is directly caused by hay fever.

It's always best to see a doctor or somebody who knows about eyes when something goes funny with your eyes, because everybody wants to keep their vision. So yeah, talk to somebody, chances are they'll know what it is and be able to treat is quickly and effectively.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Eye... goo, I guess? - January 25th 2013, 04:15 AM

To me it sounds like you might have some sort of infection which is causing your body to create puss. I would go to an optomotrist or your general practitioner.
When I had an eye infection as a child I would wake up and not be able to own my eyes due to the amount of puss that had dried up around my eyes during the night. It sounds like you're having something similar happen but on a smaller scale.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
acting101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Eye... goo, I guess? - January 25th 2013, 08:30 PM

Any idea what a doctor will do when I go see one? People touching around my eyes isn't my favourite thing, and I cringe at the thought of what they'll have to do to figure out what's wrong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Eye... goo, I guess? - January 25th 2013, 10:57 PM

If it's what I think it is they'll take your temperature, blood pressure, probably look at your eye. Basically they'll just be looking for signs of infection or illness, I don't think they'd need to touch your eye for any reason as it wouldn't really provide any evidence. Most people don't like being touched in the eye so they don't unless they have to lol.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread