TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Question How to fade acne scars - February 16th 2013, 05:58 PM

So I've been struggling with acne for ages, and because of this, I've been getting acne scars. None of them are deep, just small gray spots/marks. My dermatologist, and health sites, said that they'll fade in around 6 to 12 months, but is there anything I can do to speed up the process? [I've had scars that have faded within that amount of time]. Is there any medicine/something that I could apply to my face? Maybe home remedies of sorts?
I'm not asking about make-up tips to hide the scars/marks, because all that will do is clog up more pores.
Please help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: How to fade acne scars - February 16th 2013, 07:09 PM

you could try bio oil?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JayReneeOffl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: How to fade acne scars - February 18th 2013, 01:00 PM

There are many "spot treatments" for acne on the market now. Go to your local pharmacy/Walmart/etc (MANY stores have them) and loom for "spot treatment" in makeup, or something that removes acne scars or age spots. They take a few weeks but they will even out your skin tone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: How to fade acne scars - March 2nd 2013, 11:38 PM

When I get acne, I tear it off with a nail clipper and disinfect it with white spirit and absynth.

In Soviet Russia, I don't suffer from acne. Acne suffers from me.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How to fade acne scars - March 3rd 2013, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the advice, everyone

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: How to fade acne scars - March 4th 2013, 03:15 AM

Lemon juice! It helps to lighten your skin tone which will make it more even and cause acne scars to fade.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How to fade acne scars - March 4th 2013, 03:18 AM

Thanks I've heard about this remedy a lot, so I'm probably going to try it soon.

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

(#8 (permalink)) Old
shanrocks Offline
ShanRocks
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to fade acne scars - March 9th 2013, 07:15 AM

I had acne back in high school and I got scars from picking at them too lol but most of them fade away after a few months. I use ProActiv now and I think it suits my skin so maybe you can try that, see if it fits your skin type. It really really works for me though. I use moisturizer after cleansing, I drink water a lot, I sleep 8 hours every day or try to sleep that much and I noticed that it helped with my acne. I also use mineral makeup and rice powder make-up it doesn't irritate my skin and it shouldn't irritate your unless you 've got mineral and rice allergies hahaha. Daily cleansing and moisturizing will make your skin healthier and smoother so just stick to a routine and keep your skin clean every time. Don't sleep with make-up on! And clean your make-up brushes often (if not everyday) Hope this helps

Oh, and don't stress too much about your acne, it makes them worse. For the acne scars you can try Gluta-C, it's a whitening cream and it helped fade my arm scar. Kind of expensive though but you only need to use little amounts so it lasts

Closed Thread