TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
buddyreilly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Body Image - March 12th 2013, 11:04 PM

So lately it has been getting warmer and warmer here where I live and I am like "YES! I finally get to wear shorts soon!!" Well, that is until the other day when I was about to get into the shower and I looked at myself in the mirror. My legs and hips are getting to me and I got kind of upset about it. About a year and a half ago, my mom pointed out that I was getting stretch marks and that made me even more mad. I know it is part of puberty but I hate them and I bought this cream to put on it. I am going to try it. I am so stressed especially because for spring break we are going on a cruise and of course there are probably going to be teen guys on the boat as well. I am excited for that but it seems that no guy EVER wants to talk to me. I have never been asked out, therefore I have never had my first kiss and I am 14 and I know that is kind of young but it seems like everyone has had theirs when they were like 12 or whatever. People tell me to have confidence because that is what guys like most. I think about and I am 14, 5 foot 2, and about [Edited]. That is not huge but then I think even more and I think that I could be skinnier . I eat pretty healthy though. So, what do you guys think? How do I boost confidence so I can get at least ONE guy's attention while I am on the cruise. What could I do differently?

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; March 14th 2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Re: Body Image - March 12th 2013, 11:16 PM

Hey there Don't worry, I had my first kiss when I was 13 [I'm 14 now]. Everyone gets their first at different times, it's nothing to be ashamed or upset about. Second of all, I'm around 5'4" to 5'6" and I weigh around [Edited]. I have stretch marks on my upper thighs. I complain about my thighs ALL the time, but my friends always say I'm thin and to have confidence. It's hard, I know how you feel. If you really want to, you could diet? Cut out all sugary things from your meals, and drink a big glass of water before each meal. I heard that will fill you a little before a meal. Then again, I'm not a doctor, so I honestly wouldn't know how accurate this is.
Good luck PM me if you'd like. I've done plenty of diet-things to lose weight, and maybe one would help?

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; March 14th 2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
buddyreilly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Body Image - March 12th 2013, 11:46 PM

Thank you so much. Hopefully I can keep my head held high when I am on vacation. Pull my shoulders back and not hide my curves

Closed Thread