TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chinesegirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Female Teen Leaking.Urine - March 20th 2013, 01:10 AM

I'm fourteen years old and I have been leaking urine and I don't even feel it. I started wearing pads until I feel my parents but I don't know how to tell my mom. What is going on with my body?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Female Teen Leaking.Urine - March 20th 2013, 10:22 AM

We aren't doctors here, so make sure you get there But it could be stress incontinence, which is where you sneeze and leak a small amount of urine, caused by weakening of the bladder muscles I do believe. I do think you'd feel that, though.

Tell your mother, just outright blurt it out, I have when embarrassingly strange things have happened to me before. You'll get it all fixed, don't worry :')

Take as long as you need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
shanrocks Offline
ShanRocks
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Female Teen Leaking.Urine - March 22nd 2013, 01:53 PM

If you are 100% sure that it is urine, then Go see a urologist. Before going there you could try to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles on your own by doing Kegel exercises. These are done by contracting and holding the muscles you would use to stop your urine stream when you are peeing.

But, since you are 14, it sounds more like vaginal discharge than leaking of pee. Your vagina has a self cleaning mechanism where it will discharge a small amount of clear or white or off-white fluid. Discharge generally starts ~9 months before menarche (first menstruation).

If your discharge changes suddenly (color or quantity) then you might have an infection. Green, dark yellow or chunky white discharge are signs of infection.

good luck!

Closed Thread