TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethGoesRawr Offline
JustBethReally
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

My weird skin? - March 22nd 2013, 03:51 PM

Hey Guys, been wondering for a while now...

I have the weirdest skin?

All over my face I have really clogged pours, its particularly worse on my nose, chin and between my eyebrows. They are like tiny little flesh coloured bumps and when I put foundation on it makes them even more noticable? So annoying...

My skin on my nose is both oily and dry, same for my cheeks, but there rest of my skin is just oily.

Another problem with wearing foundation is that it rubs off and my skin looks awful when it does that

Is there any way to get rid of the bumps? And hopefully prevent the dry, oily skin...also to keep my foundation on?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
whatwhy me Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sara

Re: My weird skin? - March 22nd 2013, 06:55 PM

I would go to a make up counter and see what they say.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: My weird skin? - March 22nd 2013, 08:56 PM

I'm still working out how to get rid of all that and I'm 21!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: My weird skin? - March 23rd 2013, 06:47 AM

Okay firstly, it sounds like your skin is sensitive, not dry since it's oily. So I recommend getting a really basic cleanser that doesn't have a bunch of chemicals in it. Try adding a toner into your routine, it's purpose is to absorb oil and remove any makeup that your cleanser didn't get. Make sure you are using a good moisturizer as well, it won't make your skin more oily. Using an exfoliater can help to get rid of dead skin and such, and that could help to get rid of the clogged pores you have. Another option would be to get a mask treatment to use weekly.
As for makeup, it sounds like you need to switch brands if it is getting wiped off easily. Try a matte foundation instead of a liquid one to reduce shine. Putting on some powder right after will also help to absorb oil and will help to set your foundation so it stays on longer. You can also get a primer to put on before your makeup to help it stay on.
Lastly, make sure you are only washing your face once a day, at night to get rid of makeup is preferable. The reason for this is your skin releases sebum, which is the oil. If you cleanse your face too often and strip it of this natural oil, your skin will just produce more. So to keep your skin healthier and less oily, it's actually better to just cleanse once a day. If you need to, you could just use some toner in the morning to get rid of shine before you put your makeup on.
For skincare, I recommend Neutrogena or Burt's Bees. For makeup, I recommend Maybelline and for primer, I believe Revlon makes one however I have not tried it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My weird skin? - March 25th 2013, 03:14 PM

You've probably got sensitive skin. If your using cheap makeup this is more likely to create issues with your skin. Higher quality makeup usually is better designed to be more hypoallergenic/for sensitive skin and typicall lasts longer any how there for making it more worth the extra cost. So thats my first suggestion if you aren't already doing that.

Next, make sure you wipe the make up off at night (baby wipes actually work really well and won't bother your skin since babies have sensitive skin too they're not to harsh). This way your skin is clean and has time to breath and what ever else. If your never giving your skin a chance to be make up free it'll build up crap.

But if you're taking proper care with cleaning your skin then you may just want to maybe even ask a doctor, cosmetiician etc anout how to clean it up, they could probs suggest some good product

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread