TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Anxiety - April 19th 2013, 02:43 AM

Is it possible to throw up and get dizzy spells because you have anxiety? I wasn't worried about anything in particular but I've heard anxiety can occur kinda subconsiously and yesterday was awfuuul.

Only you have the power to say,
"This is not how my story will end"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Anxiety - April 19th 2013, 02:55 AM

Yes it's possible. I've been so anxious I've thrown up before. I said this on here recently, but so many people forget that mental health can lead to so many physical health problems too. I've also been so anxious I've had panic attacks that led to me throwing up too and passing out (because of the breathing). But, we're not medically trained so we can't say to you, yes this is anxiety because we don't know for sure but it could well be.

Do you have anything going on at the moment which could be triggering this? Any stress at school, in the family, with friends? Any mental health problems etc? Just try and think about anything that could be triggering you to feel anxious which could be leading to these physical problems. Maybe you could keep a log. Keep the date, time, where you are, who you are with, what you are doing, how you feel and rate how anxious you feel on a scale of 1-10 and this might help you to identify any triggers.

And then try to find things to help you cope and manage it to stop these symptoms from happening and to help yourself feel a bit better. For example, I'm afraid of the dark so that triggers my anxiety. So when I'm in bed, I have my lamp on, blinds closed and I always have lots of pillows and cushions because I find it comforting and it helps. You're going to have to experiment a little though to find what helps you but firstly, you need to find the trigger.

On the other hand if you're worried about it (being anxiety or something else) you can always see you doctor for advice and support too

Take good care,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fenzy Offline
Only dogs should fear pounds.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Cassie

Re: Anxiety - April 19th 2013, 04:21 AM

I actually have anorexia. Although I feel like I'm completely fine when i get these dizzy/nausea spells. Im in recovery and it can be a little stressful. But I didn't think I was so stressed or anxious that i would throw up and be dizzy.

Only you have the power to say,
"This is not how my story will end"

Closed Thread