TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Robert

My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - April 26th 2013, 10:27 PM

I really hope this doesn't come across as me bragging because my sole purpose of posting this, is to indeed, help anyone who is having weight loss troubles. I'm posting this not only for Weight Loss. I'm posting this for overall happiness, too. I've never been this happy. No, I don't define myself by my T-Shirt size, but feeling lighter and having a ton more energy never hurt anyone. The muscles and good looks just come with it

Note: This post WILL be lengthy. If you have no interest, that is fine, if you are interested - you have to read the entire thing.

When I started this routine I was a deathly Edited.and extremely unhealthy. Heart problems were beginning to surface, especially when I ate. I would eat 3 - 4 beef tacos and wonder why my heart felt like it was going to explode. This was my last straw. I wanted to live passed 19 years old.

A year later, I'm sitting at a very comfortable Edited.and my lowest was [Edit](I fell off the wagon and when I got back on I started really working on strength and less thinning out) I'm still losing stubborn fat - but I've never felt this great in my life.

A few things people have to know before getting themselves into this.

This isn't a diet. This is a full-blown life style change. If you're only looking to drop Edited. then gain it back a few weeks later - this isn't for you. You will be doing most of these things for the rest of your life. With almost a year removed, every once in a while I forget a few things, but since I've been doing them for so long that is just fine. As long as you always realize your mistake and fix it ASAP.

You're going to have to bring it 24/7. Workouts will be rough, choosing better foods over "tastier" food will be rough, and trying to ease yourself into a routine you've never attempted before will be rough. But you have to be determined the whole time. Tell yourself "I'm not going to be like this any longer. I simply wont" it helped me.

Although I said bring it 24/7 don't overdo it. Ease yourself into things when you first begin. No sense in going hardcore for a week, feeling great, then quitting because you burnt yourself on the first week. That does nothing and causes confusion to your body which is extremely dangerous.

Follow this guide by the dot. Every single small detail has a rhyme and reason on why we do them. There will be "silly" things I will ask you to do, it might feel awkward, but it ALL helps.

Now. Let's get started on this guide.

The most vital part of this lifestyle (other than sleep) are the vitamins you have to take to make this work. This can cost anywhere from $50 - $100 depending on where you're at and how much you buy. I usually get suckered into buying the 2 pack deal at Walmart 'cause I go for the long run use. This can get pricy - but would be worth it.

The following Vitamins are a MUST for your weight loss Journey:

*XX | YY* XX = Amount if MG's (Milligrams) or I.U. (International Units) of the vitamins I am taking PER DAY | YY = Amount of MG's you're SUPPOSED to have of the certain Vitamin PER DAY. If you pick up a different dosage than I, you may need to change how many you take per day. It'll usually tell you on the bottle how many to take per day.

1. Multi Vitamin *1 Tablet | 1 Tablet* (Has a little bit of everything. Including your energy "B Vitamins") [Take in the morning]

2. Fish Oil *300 MG of OMEGA-3 | 1000 MG of OMEGA-3* (Should be taking this even if you're not on Weight Loss. It supports your heart health, Joint health, and eye sight. What you're needing in it is the Omega 3. Sometimes you may have to take more than 1 depending on the dosage size. If it requires 2 - 3 a day, then take them before big meals - also)

[Take in the morning]

-Note- Fishoil has been proven to help decrease depression. Not eliminate it. But help decrease. All of these vitamins do this in a way. Your body feeling healthy in general will fill you with happiness.

3. D3 - Vitamin D *1000 I.U. | 1000 I.U.* (Supports teeth, bone, and immune health. If you take these - you'll notice you won't get sick NEARLY as often as you have before. I've ran in freezing weather and in rain without so much as the sniffles.) [Take in the morning]

4. Zinc *50 MG | 50 MG* (Helps immune health. Same as D3. Freezing weather and rain - no sniffles.) [Take with your last meal of the day or right before bed. I usually take it an hour or so before bed]

5. Melatonin *3 MG | 3 MG* (Sleep Aid) [This is not a sleeping pill. This helps you gain maximum rest and helps regulate your sleeping patterns. Basically, it helps that internal clock you have. Take this before bed and at the same time every night. You'll notice yourself become sleepy at the same time every night. You cannot overdose on Melatonin. It requests to take it 20 minutes before you sleep - I usually do it an hour before - along with my Zinc.]

6. {Optional} Cinnamon *500 MG | 1000 - 2000 MG* (This will increase your metabolism. You can also put Cinnamon in drinks such as Tea and Coffee and get the same benefits) [Take before every meal]

Workout Routines:

The first thing I will say about workout routines is that the more you workout at the same time - the better your body will respond to working out at the same time. After a while, you'll HAVE to work out at your usual time. It'll come natural.

-Note- This was the toughest part for me. Eating right was simple (oddly enough). Getting off my butt and doing something was the hard part while living in a sedentary lifestyle. So what I did was: The first week I worked on routines with the little things. Such as vitamins, food, drinks, ect... I didn't start working out until the second week. I started off with walking and light exercises. (The Biggest Loser beginner workout video is great for beginners) then eventually moved up (I think in week 3) to P90X. The great thing about P90X is they make sure you take breaks. The important thing is to not over exert yourself. The point is to finish the workout. If you can only do 15 at that moment - stop.

People suggest working out in the morning instead of at night and vice versa. There is no actual weight loss benefit to working out in the morning or at night. My personal experience, however, is it's easier to workout in the morning. My sister actually brought this up, when you work out in the morning, her and I find, you have all day to keep those muscles working and keep yourself moving. You wont be nearly as sore as you would be working out right before bed and such. I've always had a better time working out in the morning - it seems to give me a boost of energy all day (instead of draining myself) and it jump-starts my day.

As long as you're active for 30+ minutes a day and don't sit on your butt - you're fine. But if you want to go hardcore, P90X is the way to go.

-Note- On work days, especially starting off, you may not want to go too hardcore. Depending on when you go to work, try not to exhaust yourself right before.

Eating Habits:

I've changed my eating habits over the passed year to work with what I feel is best for me. This is something I hope comes natural for you. But you have to keep adapting to what works for you.

-Note- You HAVE to eat more than once or twice. When you eat once or twice a day, your body will think it is starving so everything you put in your stomach will be stored as fat so you can simply survive. This is not a good thing. You are not getting many of the natural vitamins nor the protein to help rebuild muscle.

My current diet: I eat a pretty large breakfast to start me off when I wake up. I have a snack after my workout. Then I eat a medium sized lunch. Have another snack in between lunch and dinner to hold me til dinner. Then eventually have dinner.

That is 5 meals a day. Per-Day I eat about 4 - 6 meals a day.

My starting diet: ( There is nothing wrong with this diet. This helped me get from Edit to Edit in a matter of months months. There are a few problems, however. I noticed I would get dizzy after standing up too quickly, after sitting. This is due to eating too small of meals throughout the day. I wasn't getting nearly the caloric intake I should have been getting. This isn't an "unhealthy" way as long as you make sure it's not. I didn't, so it became unhealthy.) Eat 6 - 8 times a day. Do not eat big portions, not even for the big 3, eat snacks. What you're doing is keeping your metabolism running all day with very small meals - doing this causes your metabolism to run a little faster. Kind of like jogging, the more you do the easier it gets and the faster you become. Terrible analogy. but hey!

My eating schedule (Current):

If you have school or a job - this can be difficult to follow unless you're allowed to snack throughout the day. (Most schools aren't okay with this) So try the best you can to get 4 - 6 meals in your body per day. Adjust to what works for you.

-Note- These times aren't 100% accurate. I work out after I eat breakfast and I usually wait about 15 - 30 minutes to start so I don't see my wonderful breakfast again. These times are what work for my stomach and I.

(Here I eat in bulk in the morning. Reason? Breakfast gives you energy. A small snack after your workout, I usually eat a power bar or something used FOR after workouts [right now I have whey protein shakes I chug after], helps rebuild muscle tissue. After you work out, your body becomes more receptive to vitamins and minerals in your food. Protein Shakes and Bars are perfect after workout snacks.

7 AM Wake up
8 AM Eat Breakfast
10 AM Small Snack
12 PM Lunch
4 PM Snack
8 PM Dinner

My Eating Schedule (Beginning, in case anyone follows this route):

7 AM - Wake up.
8 AM - Eat Breakfast
10 AM - Small Snack

12 PM - Eat Lunch

2 PM - Eat Snack
4 PM - Eat Snack
6 PM - Eat Snack
8 PM - Eat Dinner

Eating Goals:

My goals for eating have stayed the same.

High protein, low fat, low carb, low sodium, and try to get organic things. Simple as that.

Stay away from bread, stay away from foods that give you nothing (bread, breadish things like tortillas), deep fried foods, and most processed things.

-Note- In order for this lifestyle to help. You have to start reading labels on the back of food. It'll make your trip to Wal-Mart 30 minutes longer but with a benefit that'll last you the rest of your life. Who can complain with that?

Labels can "lie", however. A lot of companies will either disguise a certain type of fat as a scientific word most pedestrians will not look for or take every advantage they can get.

Example, This is something from Dr. Oz:

"As I read more about the topic of trans fats on nutrition labels, I was astonished by what I found. I learned that there could be enough trans fats hiding in our food to exceed the suggested daily limit, which is 1 to 2 grams per day, increasing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even some cancers.

Specifically, I found out that if there is less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving, the food company could label it as having 0 grams of trans fat per serving. This means that there could be up to 0.49 grams in one serving of food and it can say 0 grams on the label. Knowing this, one can easily see how a few servings could cause you to exceed the daily suggested limit of industrial trans fat."

"So, where are these trans fats? They are hiding in the fine print of the ingredients label as “partially hydrogenated” and “hydrogenated” oils. These oils are commonly found in foods that companies make to have a long shelf life. This includes many cookies, crackers, and ready-made meals. Sometimes in the ingredient list, “fully hydrogenated” oils also appear. These do not contain any trans fats because they are made of pure saturated fat. These fats are also unhealthy, although not as harmful as trans fat, and consumption should be limited."

These are very minimal things you may miss. But knowing they're there can help your battle a little more each time you look at a label.

Drinks: Almost done here, I promise.

With drinks, I'm pretty strict on these. You cannot, I very well mean CANNOT, drink Soda. Not even for a cheat day. Soda is the 100% worst thing you could drink other than pure acid or rat poison. Quitting soda alone is how most people start their weight loss after seeing a rapid Edited.] lost shortly after quitting. Soda is evil. EVIL I SAY.

I usually drink green tea or water. The right kind of green tea (I drink Macha Green Tea. It's pricy but worth it to me.) does matter. Buying cheap and extremely sweet green tea (AKA Arizona Green Tea) won't have nearly the same amount of healthy things that Macha Green Tea has.

Sleeping Patterns:

Sleeping Patterns:

Probably the most vital part of this guide.

Don't go to sleep later than 12 AM and be in bed an hour or so before that to settle / cool down with the Zinc / Melatonin.

Don't play video games shortly after because your mind will still be wide awake and moving. I usually cool down with a TV show (I recommend something casual and not entirely "engaging" like a drama. I usually watch a comedy, but to each his own.)

The final thing! YES, NO MORE READING!

Tips and Tricks:

This is where it turns from weight loss to plain happiness / health.

1. When taking a shower (I usually take 2 per day for this reason) after your regular shower, put the water on as cold as you can stand it and just sit there with it hitting you. (This will help calm you and relieve some stress throughout your day. Try to think about good thoughts. I usually stand in this cold water for about 15 minutes in the morning before I start my day and for 15 minutes maybe an hour before bed. It will also help you burn some extra calories because your body is trying to heat up - burning calories.)

2. Get at least 15 minutes of sun per day (If you jog, this is achieved easily) the sun will get your blood pumping, causing you to burn more calories. You'll get the Vitamin D required that you need. AND you'll get a sexy tan. Cannot beat that.

3. Meditate for 15+ minutes a day. You may not be able to do 15+ at first, but it'll come with time. (I usually just sit in a room with nothing on, no noise, no distractions. Sit Indian style, put your hands on your knees with your palms up, and breathe very heavily. Make sure you can feel it through your fingertips (you may not notice this at first). Think about happy thoughts - where you will be, not the journey, but where you will end up. Think of that job opportunity you want. That school you want to get accepted to. Or your weight loss goal. And breathe heavily and calmly with your eyes closed. This will help calm you and reduce as much stress as possible.)

4. After workouts - your body is more receptive to Nutrients. You can use supplements out of this guide that you are aware that are SAFE and PROVEN to help. P90X has some great ones like the Recovery Drink. I haven't tried it but the many who have, absolutely love it and it provides nutrients to help repair muscles and joints.

5. Drinking black Coffee increases your metabolism for 16% for roughly an hour. I usually try to drink a cup of coffee with my bigger meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) or right before it. Any other time I'm drinking water and Green Tea.

6. Keep stress down (I know for some that may be hard with positions in life / work places) but stress is the worst thing for you to have when trying to lose weight / be healthy.

If I have left anything out. Please ask me about it. But this is what I do day in and day out. It is not very time consuming, vitamins take maybe 2 minutes to do, the showers are during your free time / shower time anyway, working out is 30 minutes to 2 hours - depending on what you can do / what schedule you have, and eating is already riddled in your day. Only follow this routine if you want to. I am not responsible for any sort of problems you may have - as I did not force you to do this. PLEASE make sure you are not allergic to any Vitamins or Foods before you dive into this. I'd rather you not get hurt from this as I'm just trying to help both you and myself. If you have any problems, come to me or even better? Go to a doctor. I'd want you to get the best help for your problems.

If this helps you, please tell me! I'd love to hear success stories!

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; May 4th 2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - April 27th 2013, 03:59 PM

Robert,

Mate, I have a feeling this may get removed for a couple of reasons. But before that happens, I just want to congratulate you. From my limited knowledge in the area, you have done a brilliant job at healthily losing weight in a manner that will allow you to maintain your fitness.

Thank you for sharing your story, as some one who is trying to get his weight back under control, I thank you.

Good job!

Cheers,

Chris

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - April 28th 2013, 12:02 AM

I mean, congratulations on your own personal journal to weight loss... But one of the things I have to point out is simply that different things will work for different people. I personally find it best to just give people the tools they need to be informed and allow them to work out their exact path on their own, for example, I would never have time to be eating every 2 hours, I generally have 3 good portioned meals and a small snack or once or twice a day, I don't take vitamins etc. And not everyone has the same reasons to lose weight nor do they have the same goals. (ex. someone who is out of shape because they had a serious injury but are otherwise healthy and a hardcore athlete is going to take a different path than someone who's been obese their whole life, never been in sports etc.) ...
Again, congrats on finding the path that works for you, but I kind of agree with Chris that this might be taken down, like I said, not everyone needs or even wants supplements/vitamin pills and would rather eat "normal" food...

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 3rd 2013, 09:08 PM

To both commenters. I appreciate your support very much.

I do understand that others have their own methods, this is why I state plenty of times throughout the guide that people need to find their own way to do these things. These are the tools you need to succeed, the way you use them is up to you. I'm giving you a guideline on what I did. Again, I mention plenty of times people have different routines and schedules.

Not everyone needs or wants vitamin pills? It is recommended to take Fish Oil, a Multi-Vitamin, and D-3 every single day by plenty of doctors. Fish Oil & the Multivitamin especially. These aren't just pills to help you burn fat and lose weight. These are things that help your overall health that aren't only tied into weightloss but in life.

You CAN eat "normal" food in this diet just like any other. Just healthier food. No where did I mention you couldn't eat "normal" food. You can eat healthy and tasty; it's how you prepare it. I'm sorry if it's offensive to say you CANNOT drink soda and eat McDonalds if you want to lose weight. Because, simply, you cannot lose weight with those two factors in your life.

I am apologizing, however, because I didn't believe there were reasons to take this down. I understand some people don't have the time, will power, or just don't want to do weight loss this way. But this is still a way and a proven way.

The reason why I give such detailed guidelines is because I know most weight-loss blogs or websites don't give you enough information. Showing my schedule, the way I do it, connects with the reader a lot more than simply saying "Eat right, workout, and you'll lose weight!"

This guide worked for me and has helped many others. It works if you want to bulk up, slim down, or start weight-loss. I've done it in all 3 stages and so have many others.

Weight-loss is different for EVERYONE and I understand that and gave enough information to let someone feel comfortable and not confused. But not too much to feel restricted. I'm sorry if people get offended if there is a cut and dry answer (like no soda, not eating once a day, ect..) but sometimes there are cut and dry answers even with such a varied world.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 12:36 AM

Those aren't necessarily the tools you 'need' to lose weight. Different people need different tools. xx I've lost as much weight as my 12 year old brother weighs in the past 2 years by following a much different diet/routine than you do. <3

It's fantastic what you've done, and the lifestyle changes you've made are amazing!! But It's all about the choices you make.. You can still have Mcdonalds & lose weight. You just have to get a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried, or a burger (surprisingly) is healthier than most of their salads..

It's a balancing act. Some things work for some people, other things don't work for other people. You know what I mean?

I think the bottom line is education.. When it comes to weight loss, you need to burn more calories than you take in, and you can't put your body in 'starvation mode'. People need to know how much food they require to keep their metabolism up, and that's that.

Keep in mind, there are health conditions that contribute to obesity.. it isn't always obesity causing health conditions. So some people may not be able to lose weight if they have underlying conditoins that aren't treated right..

I could go on on this topic forever... But i'm going to stop now. Haha. But like I said before, it's fantastic what you've done for yourself! Keep up the awesome work. But I don't want anyone who reads this to get discouraged because what you're saying doesn't work for them.. because it certainly wouldn't have worked for me.

-Ashley<3(:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 01:21 AM

When I say "normal food" I mean like fruit, veggies, meat, bread etc NOT McDonalds... This is contrary to having protein powder and such (I actually rather like protein powder, but that's not really my point). As for vitamins I know it is recommended by some people but I disagree about it's necessity. Just because vitamins are healthy and can be beneficial I do not believe they are necessary to a healthy diet, its rather just something that people can take should they choose to but it's not going to make you less healthy to choose not to do so.... That's more in my point, some people choose not to take things that seem, uh, more artificial (for a lack of better words).

Like the things I do are much different then what you do, like i've lost a bunch of weight but i'd never bother with things like vitamins (not on a regular basis at least), I just eat a lot of things like fruit, veggies, eggs, I cook a lot and actually learning how to cook helped me a lot, I make smoothies (seriously, so good) and I run and bike and stuff like that. I just do that.

What ever you do is going to be right for you. And what I do is right for me. And what that bloke down the street does is going to be right for him. I think a major factor has to do with mentality too. Like some people WANT to lose weight but won't do it because they aren't ready. And other people will unfortunately have eating disorders. Then you get people like my one friend who's always buying these pills from some place or another because they're "going to make her lose weight" and drinking these nasty concoctions that are supposed to replace actual food and she's NEVER gotten anywhere because she won't accept that she needs to spend just a little time a few times a week exercising and eating healthy (ex. a steak with vegetables and rice instead of pizza). It's not as simple as taking some funny pill or what ever.... Like i am not about to say not to eat a brownie, we all have to have our vices, the chocolate, the wings, beer etc. that we will indulge in... It just has to be in moderation

For me, the most effective way to do it is to want to make healthy changes in your life, to do something that is lasting (ex. figuring out how you can eat, cook, exercise and live for the long term vs. doing dramatic crap like cutting out bread and noodles when you have no real health reason such as celiacs disease) and to be ready to make these changes. Like a large part of what took me so long to finally start losing weight was finally finding the right little tweak or motivation or what have you that would drive me....

That's why there is no single clear cut way, like you'd never catch me deciding to have a cold shower (or how ever you said to do that) or timing my consumption of coffee according to my meals.... But that's just cause that's not how I roll, it would never work for me if I tried stuff like that, but it works for you (again, what works for you, what works for me idea)

Now ranting aside, all this isn't to say that what you have chosen to do is wrong, it's more to agree that there is no one way, to clarify what I meant by "normal" food... And to toss in the addition of why your mind set is additonally important.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stanford Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stanford

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnwind View Post
Not everyone needs or wants vitamin pills? It is recommended to take Fish Oil, a Multi-Vitamin, and D-3 every single day by plenty of doctors. Fish Oil & the Multivitamin especially. These aren't just pills to help you burn fat and lose weight. These are things that help your overall health that aren't only tied into weightloss but in life.
Not by recent research. A lot of studies have actually said a multivitamin is unnecessary and could even be harmful. [Source] Obviously, certain people are going to be deficit, but the majority of people in developed nations are adequately nourished. Vitamins are also absorbed best in foods or individually by need.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yours Truly View Post
Those aren't necessarily the tools you 'need' to lose weight. Different people need different tools. xx I've lost as much weight as my 12 year old brother weighs in the past 2 years by following a much different diet/routine than you do. <3

It's fantastic what you've done, and the lifestyle changes you've made are amazing!! But It's all about the choices you make.. You can still have Mcdonalds & lose weight. You just have to get a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried, or a burger (surprisingly) is healthier than most of their salads..

It's a balancing act. Some things work for some people, other things don't work for other people. You know what I mean?

I think the bottom line is education.. When it comes to weight loss, you need to burn more calories than you take in, and you can't put your body in 'starvation mode'. People need to know how much food they require to keep their metabolism up, and that's that.

Keep in mind, there are health conditions that contribute to obesity.. it isn't always obesity causing health conditions. So some people may not be able to lose weight if they have underlying conditoins that aren't treated right..

I could go on on this topic forever... But i'm going to stop now. Haha. But like I said before, it's fantastic what you've done for yourself! Keep up the awesome work. But I don't want anyone who reads this to get discouraged because what you're saying doesn't work for them.. because it certainly wouldn't have worked for me.

-Ashley<3(:
I agree, and eating five or six times a day will make me gain a bumch of weight in a week, not lose them!

Also, multivitamins are harmful. I only have vitamin C and D, but that's because I have a D deficiency (determined by a blood test) and I've been taking C for years. You shouldn't take multivitamins if you don't need them.

Last edited by DeletedAccount20; May 4th 2013 at 03:01 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 02:56 PM

1) stop with the weight numbers. You all know they aren't allowed.

2) lets try not to turn this into a debate. Well done OP, congrats

Take as long as you need.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 03:59 PM

As Laura said, no weight numbers!

Make sure the comments are nice and factual, or a kind debate and not an argument.

Congrats OP, and thank you for sharing what has worked for you.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 04:35 PM

Well, forgive me for trying to do something kind. I'll watch my post next time and post something as broad and bland as possible so it can help every sort of audience.

I was unaware that Multivitamins are actually UNHEALTHY. I feel they aren't, especially with individuals who are reading this because they want to lose weight. For already healthy people? I could see the issue with having too much of a vitamin. But, logic states I should just chalk it up to unhealthy.

I was also unaware that these are not tools to succeed in weight-loss. They only helped me and way too many others. These are not "tools" these are apparently a few sentences I strung together to get some sort of kick out of the population on this website.

I literally didn't know I wasn't supposed to add weight numbers, however, I do question as to why. If they're my numbers and I'm alright with them being online - I should be allowed to. But rules be rulin'.

I won't post here anymore about something like this. I figure I'd just get nitpicked to death because of the few things I may be wrong about and get a ton of online professors who can search google telling me I'm wrong because they can type a coherent sentence into a search engine and get thousands upon thousands of uneducated and blown out of proportion answers over a year of research and indisputable proof.

Quote:
What ever you do is going to be right for you. And what I do is right for me. And what that bloke down the street does is going to be right for him. I think a major factor has to do with mentality too. Like some people WANT to lose weight but won't do it because they aren't ready. And other people will unfortunately have eating disorders. Then you get people like my one friend who's always buying these pills from some place or another because they're "going to make her lose weight" and drinking these nasty concoctions that are supposed to replace actual food and she's NEVER gotten anywhere because she won't accept that she needs to spend just a little time a few times a week exercising and eating healthy (ex. a steak with vegetables and rice instead of pizza). It's not as simple as taking some funny pill or what ever.... Like i am not about to say not to eat a brownie, we all have to have our vices, the chocolate, the wings, beer etc. that we will indulge in... It just has to be in moderation

For me, the most effective way to do it is to want to make healthy changes in your life, to do something that is lasting (ex. figuring out how you can eat, cook, exercise and live for the long term vs. doing dramatic crap like cutting out bread and noodles when you have no real health reason such as celiacs disease) and to be ready to make these changes. Like a large part of what took me so long to finally start losing weight was finally finding the right little tweak or motivation or what have you that would drive me....
Do you know one of the main problems with people who want to lose weight but can't? Their will power is shot because they're comfortable with their own thing for so many years. Most people don't know how to start. Why can't I show them how to start and get healthy?

I don't know if you read any of my posts. But I typed, plenty of times, that people have to DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THEM AND THEM ONLY I'm not restricting every single thing they can do.

If you want to eat bread, go ahead. It does nothing for you other than taste, but, have at it. If you want to not take vitamins, have at it. You don't need to and I respect that.

The least you can do is stop nitpicking at every single thing you don't like about this weight-loss routine and just respect anyone who is trying to use it. This isn't one of those "only drink water and eat 2 nuts per day" diet, you just try to perceive it that way for some odd reason.

I'm done posting on this site, as I'm always controversial on it and get way too many PM's because people like to nitpick. Anyway, delete this thread, please just destroy it. Doesn't deserve to be open.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: My weight loss journey, how I did it, and how you can! - May 4th 2013, 06:08 PM

First of all, I don't feel as if anyone had been overly cruel to your posts. They were stating their own opinions and just correcting some information.

Secondly, I was just wanting to make sure everyone knew weight numbers are not allowed anywhere on TeenHelp due to the Code of Conduct as it is considered to be triggering to those who battle with weight and/or image issues.

Lastly, we cannot delete threads, though I will close this. I am sorry you seem to think this about TeenHelp. If you have questions or want to talk about your frustrations, do let myself or another Staff member know through PM.

Closed Thread