TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Unhappy Gums hurt like hell! - April 29th 2013, 09:16 PM

My tooth got taken out like two years ago, and lately, I've been having canker sores all over my mouth. And usually, when I get them, the rear of my mouth, where the tooth got taken out, it usually swells for some reason. I just don't pay attention to them, but now, it hurts more than usual so I looked at it and it looks like it has reopened, it looks a little dirty, like few white-ish stuff around it. I tried cleaning it with a cotton bud but it hurts like hell! I don't know what to do ):<

"Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe ours didn't go on forever."
-Dear John

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Gums hurt like hell! - April 29th 2013, 10:21 PM

Hi Taylor,

Whilst I'm not qualified to make a diagnosis of any sort, it sounds like you may have a bit of an infection. The white stuff, in that case, is a good sign.

If it doesn't hurt unless you touch it, is suggest that you wait a couple of days or so and try not to eat on that side or touch it at all. You can see if it's healing up or getting any better.
If not, or if it gets worse at any point, is strong recommend seeking medical advice ASAP.

I hope it gets better soon!

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Gums hurt like hell! - April 30th 2013, 02:52 AM

Go to a medical professional. Any type of extreme pain or weird coloration necessitates a doctor visit.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Gums hurt like hell! - May 2nd 2013, 01:14 AM

I'd definitely suggest going to a doctor. If there is an infection, they may give you an antibiotic or something to help clear it up. -- But, in the meantime until you can get an appointment, not eating on that side of your mouth, and swishing some salt water around in your mouth may help. Also, orajel works wonders on gum pain,.. I'm not getting my wisdom teeth removed (don't have to! yes! ), and the first one started breaking through a few months ago... it was ridiculously painful, and my mom gave me some to put on.. it totally numbed it for awhile, no pain at all. I've used it on canker sores before, too. (:

Obviously I'm not a doctor, but that's just what's worked for me with infections and gum pain. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Gums hurt like hell! - May 2nd 2013, 03:07 PM

I'd go to the doctors. personally I would go sooner rather then later because you don't know if it is going to get worse or not.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Gums hurt like hell! - May 2nd 2013, 04:13 PM

I agree with going to the doctor so the can check it out and see if it is infected. An antibiotic will help clear up some of that if it is infected, and you definitely don't want it to get worse. They can also give you ways to ease some of the pain.

Closed Thread