TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cookie Monster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

How to lose weight... - July 22nd 2013, 05:51 AM

...when you're an athlete.

I play competitive soccer at least six times a week and the more I play the more hungry I get. How can i lose weight when I'm already working out so much? And yes, i do eat good food*

*maybe too much

You Never Walk Alone

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to lose weight... - July 22nd 2013, 04:41 PM

Well, first things first you need to make sure you are eating enough. If you don't eat enough calories, then your body will store calories when it gets the chance. You should consider looking at your intake and making sure you are eating enough. If you are feeling hungry throughout the day, also consider adding some protein with some carbs into the mix.

I would also read up on nutrition and the difference between balancing calories from carbs, fat, and protein.

I would also talk to a doctor or a trainer and see if you actually need to lose weight. You may have a perfectly normal body for your body type.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TinyTurtle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to lose weight... - July 22nd 2013, 04:44 PM

I think you should eat many times a day but not too much. Like half of the amount you eat now. And you should eat more often little amounts. That's what my mom told me to do when I was in the basketball team and I got hungry very often.

SH: "If you give in now, you'll give in the next time."- By SomePanda (my bff)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to lose weight... - July 23rd 2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTurtle View Post
I think you should eat many times a day but not too much. Like half of the amount you eat now. And you should eat more often little amounts. That's what my mom told me to do when I was in the basketball team and I got hungry very often.
That is a potentially dangerous suggestion. Without knowing what her actual caloric intake is now, she may be cutting down the amount of food to a dangerous amount. I think it's just the wording though could be misinterpreted.

Eating smaller but more frequent meals is a good suggestion meaning you space the meals out. Instead of 3 large meals, you eat about the same amount in calories but over 6 meals to feel fuller longer and stabilize blood sugar levels. It is necessary to make sure that the meals are balanced between the proper ratio of protein, carbs, and fat though.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Neville333 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to lose weight... - July 23rd 2013, 08:06 AM

Continue your sports and workout to lose the weight.
If you play soccer six time a week then you should lose all your extra body weight.
Also take some right foods for the weight loss along with exercise to properly lose your weight.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: How to lose weight... - July 23rd 2013, 11:54 PM

I think it depends what your eating really. You might eat super healthy, but things like fruit and veggies digest quickly compared to other foods, so you could always try finding foods heavier in fibre and such, maybe extra portions of meat and grains, leafy greens like spinach.

Like instead of a light meal you could easily have a super healthy meal with avocado, spinach, mango and a vinegrette of your choice...

The key thing to watch with this suggestion though is that you have to try to balance caloric intake and ingestion of fats, sugars etc (the components most likely to cause weight gain), because, for example, if all the soccer training your doing means your just eating more and more, altering your food choices to keep you fuller for longer and to also keep your energy going might not be so bad BUT if your caloric intake isn't that high and then you start eating more bread and avocado and meat (things that tend to have a higher caloric intake than your average vegetable) then you might want to find a way to balance that... Don't go crazy with the suggestion by any means I'm trying to find a way to explain to find a balance with your current diet. And try to make it count, like skip the white noodles and white bread for whole wheat/grain options, doing this also helps keep you fuller for longer

It might help, because if your not getting hungry as fast it'll help you avoid over eating. You could also try upping your liquid intake (ex. drink 3 litres of water a day instead of 2 litres... 1 litre = about 4 cups for the record, not sure how much you Americans refer to litres to be honest )

But really, you can't really do a whole lot, if your exercising a lot you have that aspect covered and then to go with the training you need to eat enough too, so you can't afford to take a "eat smaller portions solution", but shoot to trade "junk food" with healthier alternatives when you can as well So don't do anything to dramatic, just try to find foods that'll keep you fuller for longer

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to lose weight... - July 24th 2013, 01:26 AM

This is the gist of the nutrition class that I needed for school: http://www.livestrong.com/article/43...loss-in-women/

The link talks about how to calculate the recommended daily caloric intake. It talks about the caloric intake for women over the age of 18, but you can google for the charts to figure out your own age's recommended intake. I would classify you as active.

I would begin researching nutrition from decent sources. I think you can find some used nutrition textbooks online for cheap.

The MyPlate app from Livestrong is great in figuring stuff out. They have a free online version of it too if you do not have a smart phone.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Neville333 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to lose weight... - July 27th 2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville333 View Post
Continue your sports and workout to lose the weight.
If you play soccer six time a week then you should lose all your extra body weight.
Also take some right foods for the weight loss along with exercise to properly lose your weight.
Any comment?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Alton Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How to lose weight... - August 1st 2013, 09:50 AM

Well,Different method for lose weight and fitness of the body.
Some easier tips for quickly reduce the extra weight of the body
like,...
1 Swimming
2 Cycling
3 Green tea
4 Running
5 Jumping and yoga work....

Closed Thread