TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Tibial Torsion - Hip Pain - August 11th 2013, 07:15 AM

So I was diagnosed with Tibial Torsion in my right leg when I was little. In most cases, children grow out of it as they grow older. I did not. I am now 20 years old and I have been experiencing an immense amount of pain in my right hip. The tibial torsion causes my leg to rotate inwards and has been an inconvenience before but has never caused any significant pain. I've had to wear knee braces in the past to keep my knees from rolling inwards while exercising and dancing, but beyond that I have had no problems.

I'm worried now because for the past 9 hours or so my hip has been hurting immensely. I notice it most when I stand for long periods of time or sit. If I'm walking around it doesn't bother me that much. At first I thought it was cramping up so I relaxed in hot water. That didn't help but I had to leave for work so for about 5 hours I was standing around at work in a lot of pain. Finally when I got home I tried stretching it out, lying down and resting it, and icing it. Nothing is working and I'm in so much pain.

Should I go to the doctor? Has anybody else had this problem? I'm really uneducated about this issue because like I said, it's never bothered me before, so I never really asked about it or brought it up. Now I fear I may need some sort of surgery to protect my hips from serious injury. Advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Tibial Torsion - Hip Pain - August 11th 2013, 06:56 PM

Since your hip is hurting you that much, I think you should go see a doctor. I would wait like another day or two, just to make sure the pain doesn't go away and then go get it checked out. If you wait too long, it might get worse and harder to treat. I hope you feel better Kimmi!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Closed Thread