TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TaraMarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara Marie Combs

Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12

Post my struggle with my depression - August 27th 2013, 03:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Here is the story of my depression and my struggle with it and the thoughts of suicide..i hope my achievements will help or teach anyone who reads this.

I feel like I was born with this depression sense I can remember I have always had it. My mom.. I never met she died giving birth to me and a part me hates myself for it. My dad a drinker and a druggy and highly abusive didn't help with my struggle even my brother couldn't help me. I found cutting helped me with the stress I was under.

Most of the people I have met in my life have used, cheated and abused me after meeting a good foster family and getting the treatment I needed I found my first love which ended badly at that point I found comfort in drinking

After the emotional and mental abuse from my second bf I lost it drinking and cutting and hating everything...

My struggle lasted years and way more painful then reading anything that I type. But I know this I'm not the only one and it's not something that will go away or something that can be faked depression is real...painful and it effects everything around you.

I have stopped drinking I'm a year sober and happy cutting.. I'm still struggling with everyday the depression that it always with me is the hardest struggle I have ever had to make it drains me makes me so tired.

If I had to speak in front of people to help them I would say this....

*Depression is a physical, mental, and emotional struggle that over 80% of people struggle with daily. It's not something that can be helped. Even though you have friends and family medication and possibly a therapist.. I'm sorry and many of you know its not good enough.. it helps but its not enough.. because we need to help ourselves to stand up and say enough that we have had enough and heal smiling takes a lot but.. still do it smile and see if you keep smiling everyday then someday you will see that the smile says*

☜☠☞HAPPILY MARRIED, TO MY HUSBAND SENTINELWOLF☜☠☞Am loyal & Happy.☜☠☞
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: my struggle with my depression - August 29th 2013, 01:44 PM

Thanks for sharing your story!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MidnightMay Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15 Points: 11,638, Level: 15

Re: my struggle with my depression - August 31st 2013, 06:09 PM

Thank you so much with sharing your story!

feel free to PM me...

Always keep a smile on your face and Lots of love in you heart! <3

Dont wear a mask and suffocate
take it off and breathe

Earth without ART is just EH...
Closed Thread