TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   late period? stress related? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t123367-late-period-stress-related/)

blackheartedballerina September 5th 2013 02:50 PM

late period? stress related?

so... i was wondering if stress can make my period come late. i don't think i've been all that stressed, but my therapist said she thinks i "have a stressful home life". anyway, last month my period came about a week and a half late. this month i should have had it last week. before this i had been really regular. maybe starting 10th grade and taking 2 college classes has made me a little more stressed than usual? (it probably doesn't help that my mom is breathing down my neck about school, if stress is the problem)
does anyone know what's going on?

by the way, it is not possible that i'm pregnant, so i know that's not it.

Kate* September 5th 2013 04:49 PM

Re: late period? stress related?

Hey there, yes it's probably stress related. Your period can get thrown out of whack by pretty much anything. I've also noticed that sometimes once I'm late, my period will adjust and start coming regularly on the later date, so see if it comes at the same time it did last month.

Apple Orchard Ghost September 5th 2013 11:58 PM

Yup, stress can do that. My senior year I was two weeks late during marching season. It happens.

~Divergent~ September 6th 2013 05:28 AM

I definitely agree that it's probably stress-related. I'm dealing with pretty similar stresses to yours and currently having the same problem. Gotta love tenth grade, right? :D

blackheartedballerina September 6th 2013 07:57 PM

yeah. its great:)
thank for the help!

blackheartedballerina September 6th 2013 08:06 PM

yeah. its great:hehe:
thank for the help!:)

Always * September 7th 2013 05:33 PM

Yep, probably just stress, you can be way more stressed then you think too, like when I moved to start college my period ended up being like 2 weeks late and yeah, sure, I was stressed out but it didn't seem any better or worse than anything else that stressed me out before this event or, heck, even after it but it was that one thing that made it late.

It's weird that your body does that cause I've been stressed out A LOT since then and never had my period late cause of it but I guess that what matters is what that special thing that's able to trigger some kind of alert.

Ennui. September 8th 2013 11:45 PM

Stress definitely can do that to a person! A woman's body seems to be really sensitive to stress, illness, or other factors, so an increase in stress definitely can cause your period to become later or earlier.

But, if this is something concerning to you, you can always call your doctor and make sure.

blackheartedballerina September 9th 2013 01:45 AM

its making sense now. and i got my period this week so i'm sure its stress (i guess my therapist was telling the truth when she said i was stressed out)