TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

I get bored with exercises easily - December 5th 2013, 09:16 AM

Okay, first things first, let me start off by my confession: I am a couch potato. I want to change my lifestyle, even if it's just for a bit. I know eating healthily and regular exercise are necessary.

Nevertheless, I shall set the eating pattern habit aside. The thing is, I become a couch potato because of numerous reasons:

1. I feel routine exercise like in the gym or fast-paced sports played in the field tiring and boring. That's the con. In my opinion, however, is they burn more fats.
2. I am quite busy with excessive tests and homework given by school, and club activities too. I often go home late because of that. Not to mention I have to go through extra studying session outside the school. Therefore, I have no time for gyms.
3. As for weekends, my time is confiscated due to reason number 2.

Now my question is this: what should I do so I won't see exercise as something boring and exhausting? I don't know what kind of exercise I would enjoy, but I like playing DDR, though. (It's a dancing game available in arcades)

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: I get bored with exercises easily - December 5th 2013, 12:14 PM

I had this problem too, mostly the boring part. I signed up to the gym but I barely went so I was just wasting money.

I decided to cancel it and buy a Wii along with some of the Just Dance games since I find them really fun. I don't know if you find them fun or can even afford to do that but it's an idea. I went from going to the gym maybe once a week for an hour to dancing on the Wii almost every night for over an hour

Good luck with everything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adalia Rose Offline
Average Joe

Name: Adalia Rose

Re: I get bored with exercises easily - December 5th 2013, 10:23 PM

Well first off, it is really great that you've decided to make this lifestyle change. Congratulations

Second, even the busiest people can find time if they want to. I used to use the same reasoning for why I didn't exercise as often as I should. You can start out with small exercise sessions that are 10 to 15 minutes long and work your way up. Exercise can be scheduled in like all of the other events we all do daily, or it can be hidden throughout the day. For example, you can take the longer way of walking to class, stop at your locker less so that you have to carry more books, or you can even do silly exercises right in the middle of class that no one will even notice. Bouncing your leg in class works the muscles in your leg. You can even bounce when your standing. I like to bounce when I'm on the phone. You can also sit in your seat and raise one leg off the ground for 30 seconds and put it back down and keep repeating on each leg. That tones your legs. There's more silly little exercises that you can find too.

Now to address the issue of exercising being boring. I can definitely sympathize with this one. My number one solution for this is to find a workout buddy. When I workout with friends we laugh and have a lot of fun; the time just seems to fly by. Another solution is to make it more interesting by making bets with yourself. Try telling yourself that if you do 30 minutes of exercise that you can have cake for desert and if you do not you have to have broccoli or something you find less appetizing than cake.

Since you like to dance, I highly suggest trying Zumba. It is a dance cardio workout. There are games made for the Wii for it. I have one and I love it. You can also take Zumba classes, but I prefer doing Zumba at home in private. There are tons of dance workouts out there if you look hard enough. I found that I like yoga, kickboxing, and Pilates. I am also another person who hates the same routine of exercise. My last suggestion is to go for runs and every time you go to take a different route.

I hope this helps you

- Adalia

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do." ~ Ellen Hopkins

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I get bored with exercises easily - December 8th 2013, 03:50 AM

I like using different videos and scenery.

My ex in high school used DDR for weightloss. He wore through many dance pads.

Closed Thread