TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wonder cake
Average Joe

Question UTI? :( - December 14th 2013, 10:12 PM

Okay so, for awhile I've been showing symptoms of something like a Urinary Tract Infection. There used to be a few times in the past when I would wake up in the morning and feel the need to pee constantly without any relief from actually going. But it would always last only a few hours and a friend told me she had the same thing so I assumed that it probably wasn't all that irregular. Anyway, so the school holidays came around and I noticed that I started having the symptoms again but it started happening every morning but always went away before the afternoon. Then when my family and I went away for two weeks, it started lasting all day and was excruciatingly painful. It woke me up early in the morning and disrupted my sleep at night and I was embarrassed and tried to hide it by not going to the bathroom too often. I also found that it burned to go and the feeling got much worse afterwards if I went to the bathroom, but the pain gradually eased down if I just held on and waited it out. After that week it went down quite a bit and was happening still everyday but less frequently.
I am definitely going to tell my mum about this because it is extremely uncomfortable to deal with but my question is, does it sound urgent enough that I should tell her now? I won't have the chance to go to the doctor or anything with her until a week's time because she works and I would prefer not to have to go with my dad unless it's really that urgent.
Thanks guys,

I could dwell on my problems... But I'd rather make a milkshake...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: UTI? :( - December 14th 2013, 10:35 PM

There's no harm in telling your mother now, if she deems it worthy enough, maybe she can take you to the doctor soon. You'll just need some medication to get it fixed. If it's really bothering you, the sooner the better.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: UTI? :( - December 14th 2013, 10:42 PM

Hey there!

I would try and go to the doctor as soon as you possibly can, even if that means going with your dad. If it's just a simple UTI then all you'll need is a short course of antibiotics and it'll clear it up in no time. However, leaving a UTI untreated, even if it's just a short amount of time, could cause some complications such as the infection spreading to your kidneys.

Most of the time that won't happen but it's better to be safe than sorry and get it sorted as soon as possible since, having had a few myself, I know how annoying that need to pee feeling is.

I hope this helps, take care!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: UTI? :( - December 16th 2013, 07:19 PM

I would go and get looked at your primary care practitioner. Females get UTIs more often than males. I'd ensure that you are drinking plenty of water and cut back on any sugary drinks if you do drink them. Some people will drink real unsweetened cranberry juice too if they get UTIs often. Also, you may have to wait a week to make an appointment anyway.

Closed Thread