TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   what happened? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t126723-what-happened/)

cherrypie36 December 14th 2013 10:57 PM

what happened?

Okay so i kind of wanted to try something in the shower and so i did, i wont go into detail on what i did, lets just say, i wanted to lose oxygen on purpose and so i fell backwards and my whole body went numb and i felt my head start to shake hard and whole body was twitching and i finally woke up and my body was shaking on the inside and then it stopped and i felt dizzy

what happened?

Lelola December 16th 2013 07:22 PM

Re: what happened?

Without knowing what you did it is hard to say what it could be. I don't recommend playing hypoxic games as those are dangerous. Especially in the shower where you could hit your head or slip and break your neck.

Crazycatlady December 17th 2013 02:00 AM

Offhand, I'd say it's a seizure, but I don't know, I'm not a doctor. Based on symptoms, it sounds like a grand mal seizure because that can make you stop breathing, any other won't make you stop breathing, and you can actually die from that. I'd recommend seeing a doctor.

Pastor Glenn December 17th 2013 02:08 PM

Sounds like you passed out. Please be careful. You can hurt yourself trying these things out.

Philomath December 18th 2013 01:23 AM

Hi Meris,

I am not exactly sure but whatever it was, you really should talk to a doctor because you do not want this happening again. Also trying to lose oxygen is highly dangerous. I cannot say what your reasonings behind this were however your health is very important and you deserve to live and doing these sort of things are not safe in any way.

cherrypie36 December 23rd 2013 05:31 PM

i was kind of trying something to see if it worked, (stupid i know) but it was forcing myself to pass out :/ (i know stupid )

Eternal December 23rd 2013 09:05 PM

I've seen videos of people doing that on YouTube and I strongly encourage you to not try that again. As others have said, doing this in the shower is especially dangerous because it would be very easy for you to hit your head on something. Depriving yourself of oxygen is very bad for your brain and fainting is not fun so just don't do it.

NotExactlyCrazy December 31st 2013 08:36 PM

It sounds like you passed out, but you could have induced a seizure or something more serious. Now, I don't want to lecture, but there can be serious consequences for any of those things. Cutting your brain off from oxygen can cause brain damage and if you induced a seizure you could die...Please, don't try this again. Your life is too precious.