TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sammie

Question Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 12:39 AM

Okay, so i have been having off and on ear infections since christmas day...well this week i went to my doc for new meds for another infection and he tested my ear drums...they have so much fluid behind them that they didnt even regester on the scale for movement. they dont know how i am hearing. so now i am having to get tubes in my ears probably after i go to the ENT i will find out. does anyone else have them and can give advice to me? Thanks!!!

I hate the pain my ears are giving me waiting to get them!

All I want is to rock your soul!!!
  Send a message via AIM to tears_of_the_sun  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tears_of_the_sun View Post
Okay, so i have been having off and on ear infections since christmas day...well this week i went to my doc for new meds for another infection and he tested my ear drums...they have so much fluid behind them that they didnt even regester on the scale for movement. they dont know how i am hearing. so now i am having to get tubes in my ears probably after i go to the ENT i will find out. does anyone else have them and can give advice to me? Thanks!!!

I hate the pain my ears are giving me waiting to get them!

Oh That doesn't sound good. Be brave.

I don't have them.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alixthetree Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: alix

Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 01:59 AM

i don't have them but i know people that do and they have said that they don't bug them really...course they have had them a few different times...

i almost got some about 2 years ago...and when i asked the ENT what they would feel like he told me that i might just feel a little bit of pressure...so i wouldn't be to concerned...they are only going to help you

Accept and Never
Forget Only
Life Dies.

No matter the amount of negativity you're presented with...
5 minutes from now could be your best moment.
-Mod Sun

Send a message via AIM to alixthetree Send a message via MSN to alixthetree Send a message via Skype™ to alixthetree 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Farron Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Farron :)

Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 03:12 AM

I have had them several times. I experienced ear infection about every 2 weeks so mine were pretty severe - I'm kind of surprised I'm not deaf!

ANYWAYS. As long as everything goes planned, you will not even notice them. No thumping, random noises, pressure, nothing in my experiences at least. The only time you may have some minimal discomfort is when they or if they fall out. It will be like a miniature ear ache.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

"And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yes, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:15

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 03:16 AM

I had them when I was younger. Getting them out was so painful. Maybe it was jsut because I was younger the pain was worse I unno.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
shipklaine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: nick

Red face Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 04:38 AM

i've had tubes in my ears PLENTY of times-every year in high school in my left ear since i swam in high school. whenever i get water in my left ear it messes up the eardrum in there and i need a tube put in. it's minor same day surgery-u go in and get out of the hospital the same day. you'll be asleep during the procedure. it doesnt hurt at all. whenyou wake up of course your head will hurt from the anethsteesia. ask for your doc. to put the tubes in your ears that will fall out on their own-that's only if he doesnt want permanent ones in your ears. they are small enough that they will work and keeps your ears and hearing better and when they fall out you can't see them cuz there are small and you won't feel them fall out either. if you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

This is bunny

()_()
(* *)
(___)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
helpinginlove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie

Re: Does any one have tubes in thier ears? - May 4th 2009, 05:05 PM

I had ear tubes. The "surgery" doesnt hurt that much (a lot less than an ear infection and they give you medicine). Afterwards, your ears might feel a little different -for a litle while. My tubes helped a lot. Just dont go under water.

Closed Thread