TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
iambatman Offline
Suicidal? Yes.
Average Joe

Name: Riley

Exclamation I dont know what this is - November 21st 2015, 07:45 PM

So I have never been sick...But lately I have been sleeping a lot more and when I wake up at night I have to throw up. And it's not like there's anything to throw up because I hardly eat. But I have been feeling really nauseous and my shoulder is in constant pain. My shoulder hurts because I have a basketball injury that hurts whenever it rains and right now where I live it rains a lot. But whenever I get up to do anything I feel extremely sick. I don't have a cough or sore throat. Just feeling nausea and pain.....Does anyone have an idea about what this is?....

That god does not exist, I cannot deny
That my whole being cries out for a god, I cannot forget.

The gates of Heaven were locked shut. The pits of Hell, they were all filled up. And I fear I don't belong here.....

How could someone so perfect feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind wasn't dark enough

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I dont know what this is - November 21st 2015, 08:02 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you are in pain and feeling unwell. No-one here can diagnose, and though I'm not sure what you are going through, I am wondering about your eating habits?

You say you hardly eat, why is this? Did this start when the nausea started, or before that? Eating is important, and ideally, you should be eating regularly everyday. Whether that's 3 good sized meals, or 6 small meals, you should be eating throughout the day. And drinking enough liquids too. The type of food is important too- it's good to have a healthy balance between fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy and sweet things etc. Eating too much of one, or not enough of another can make you ill, as can not eating enough in general.

Not eating enough can make you very tired and can slow down the time it takes for injuries to heal. Doing things without eating can also cause feelings of nausea, dizziness and light headedness.

Though you may be feeling nauseous and even being sick, it's still important to eat something and drink enough liquids to keep your body hydrated and replace any that your body loses.

Alternatively, you may be coming down with a sickness bug. But try to eat something, if you can and if you don't get better soon, see a doctor. Try to rest your shoulder, but also try to gently exercise it. If you have lots of pain, just stick with having a rest. Take some painkillers if they help, and depending on the duration/severity of the pain in your shoulder, see a doctor.

Hope this helped a bit, and hope you are feeling better soon!

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: I dont know what this is - November 23rd 2015, 08:07 PM

Sounds awefull.
You said you don't eat much? Not eating enough can make you feel very tired and even nauseous. So maybe that's somethign you could look into? Even if eating makes you feel sick, your body needs food, especially fluids.
How long have you been throwing up? If it's more than a week you should definitely go see doctor! What ever kind of illness you have, if your that sick for long, then your in danger of dehydrating!
Also, even if that's just my mind running all kind of catastrophic scenarios through my head, maybe it's somehow tied in with your injury? I don't know what kind of injury you have and if it's even possible, but maybe something is wrong with it and that is causing you to throw up. I'm no doctor or have any knowledge in that area, but my mind won't let me sleep if I wouldn't at least mention the idea.
I hope you will get better soon

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
l3hub Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I dont know what this is - November 26th 2015, 01:02 PM

Are you better today/now?

L Hub - Live. Learn. Laugh
l3hub.org
  Send a message via Skype™ to l3hub 
Closed Thread