TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14

My tattoo - December 14th 2016, 10:45 AM

So I got a tattoo last night, and im just worried I will get it infected. Its red an hurts like a motherf***** (sorry for a young teen it hurts). Im just concerened

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: My tattoo - December 14th 2016, 11:30 AM

Did you get it at a professional tattoo shop, or somewhere else? Most places won't tattoo anyone under 18, some will for 16+ with parental consent. Where you got it concerns me because if it was somewhere other than a sterile shop with professionals your risk of infection likely goes up. Did anyone tell you how to care for it now that you have it? It's not unusual for it to be red and hurt some for the first while but you should really seek the help of a trusted adult who can actually help keep an eye on it in case it does get infected.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: My tattoo - December 16th 2016, 01:36 PM

It could be a normal reaction to the procedure. Depending on which pat of your body you got tattooed and how big the tattoo was (and probably also on whether it's coloured or just black), it takes time for the skin to heal.
However, I do not know how bad it's hurting. If you notice that the swelling/redness isn't fading and that it doesn't get better, I suggest you see a doctor. If you're not willing to wait or if you can't see a doctor, go to the nearest chemist's - chemists will understand if it's infected and they'll tell you what to do to take care of the tattoo *in case it is infected*.
Just like Nightblood said, if you went to a safe tattoo parlour, the risk of infection is way lower than, say, getting a tattoo in your friend's garage. If you plan on getting other tattoos in the future, get some info on tattoo parlours beforehand.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.
Closed Thread