TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Red face bed wetting - January 31st 2017, 04:14 PM

I've been holding off on making this thread for a long time, just because it's not an extremely apparent problem in my life and because of how freaking embarrassing it is.

ever since I was a kid, I've had a problem with pissing the bed. at one point, my two younger siblings and I had this problem all at the same time. but the middle child quickly outgrew it and so currently it's the youngest and I who still, on occasion, have this problem. it's good to know I'm not alone, but he probably gives me the most shit for it if he finds out.. plus he's younger so it could still be considered "normal" ish for him.
I know that my dad had this problem until he was like 14-16. so it could be hereditary.

even though I'm 18, the only time I EVER still wet the bed is usually one or two days during my period or PMS... if even then. it has been this regular part of my period for probably 3-4 years, but that's not saying it happens every single time, because I've learned to implement different rules for myself at that time of the month. (like no drinks after a certain time and pissing as much as possible before then.) so I usually can go more than half the year without a period bed piss.

I'm sure there are certain occasions where it's not due to my period, but those are very rare. definitely not even a yearly occurrence.

I don't know for certain why my period causes this, but it's obvious by now that there's a correlation. my mom says it's probably because of the swelling down there pushing on the bladder or making it more sensitive or something.

however, for the first time in a LONG time, these past two nights I've wet the bed two nights in a row. and my period doesn't start for another 2 weeks. (well probability even later than that, because I started birth control.)

so while this is super weird and out of the ordinary, I think the reason why is because of all the hormonal pills I've taken this past week.
I took the Ella emergency contraceptive pill on Tuesday of last week. I then started taking the birth control pills on Friday. and then I had to take another emergency contraceptive, Option 2, on Sunday, while still taking my regular BC pills. so I'm thinking that all these hormones, which often induce symptoms of PMS anyway, are causing whatever happens to my bladder during that time of the month to happen again.

I just really don't know why. and I can't live with this shit anymore. I can't talk to my main doctor about this anytime soon, because I really don't want to go back just for this. (I've been to the doctor so much last year and this year.)
it's just so embarrassing, like I'm even embarrassed in front of myself, when I'm the only one who knows I did it. I went on a cruise once and I had so much anxiety about pissing the bed with my random relatives in the same hotel room. and I did almost every night, either because of all the anxiety or late night (unalcoholic) drinking. or both.

my guy friend/fwb/almost boyfriend keeps wanting me to sleepover, and I'm completely terrified of pissing in his bed. because there's no covering that up.
he's coming over to my house today and I made my bed up all nice. now that it's ruined from last night, I'm stressed about getting home early to remake it and make sure my room doesn't smell bad or anything.

I just don't know what else to do, because sometimes even my current solutions don't work.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: bed wetting - February 1st 2017, 01:07 PM

I'm glad you posted this thread. Bed wetting can be a source of embarrassment, but if it's something you can't help, then there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I know you don't particularly want to talk to your doctor about this, but could you ask to see another doctor? There are treatments available for bed wetting, so you don't have to suffer with this.

In the meantime, it's good to avoid drinks a few hours before bed, and to go to the toilet right before bed. You could also use incontinence pads (pretty much like a sanitary towel) during the night, and use a waterproof mattress protector to help too. There are special alarms that you can get which wake you up to go to the toilet too. The other thing would be try not to worry or get anxious about bedwetting, as this may naturally make you feel like you need the toilet more.

As for your guy friend, if you do go to sleepover his, perhaps you can take an incontinence pad and use it before you sleep? This way, if you do wet the bed, it may not be so bad as it may get absorbed. If the guy does notice, he shouldn't make you feel bad for it as it's something you can't control. If he does make you feel bad or tease you about it, then he probably isn't worth it.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread