TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

My foot got run over by a car and it still hurts - April 26th 2017, 12:28 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A few weeks ago, my foot got run over by a car and it still hurts but not that badly and I also don't know if it is general soreness ot specifically from the car running over it.

On a side note, j only have one pair of shoes snd when ig got run ocef, my entire left shoe got ripped but I don't have another pair so I wear these same ones and today was pouringand my dad wanted me to go to the post office to pay the rent and I told himit was raining another nd nd he was like so what. But anyway I ended up going out in the rain and my feet were soaking and my whole body is still aching. This isnt the first time I had to walk in the rain with worn out sneakers and I get sore and achy when I'm cold all the time. But the pain in my foot had become dull for the few weeks and the pain increased and I can't tell if that's from my foot being run over or from the cold. I did not get medical attention for my foot and I am not sure if it is necessary to.

On a side note, I don't know why this is triggering me and making me wish I got run over in my whole body and died from this >. <

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: My foot got run over by a car and it still hurts - April 26th 2017, 12:39 PM

Is there anyway you can try to get medical attention for your foot? Even if it's nothing serious it's worth seeking help for anyway, just to be on the safe side.

I think it's understandable that you would feel cold and achy being made to walk in the rain in worn out shoes. When you find yourself trying to move around awkwardly because of your shoes it can affect your entire body, not just your feet. Did you make sure your feet were dry when you got back? It's generally good practice to change socks, and dry your feet after wearing shoes that might leak as walking around in wet shoes can cause skin irritation too.

Sorry to hear that you are triggered. It can definitely feel overwhelming at times when you realise that it can be a struggle trying to get the basics, like shoes and healthcare. Hope you are okay

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread