TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

How to boost immune system - July 2nd 2017, 02:12 AM

I've always had the worst immune system, even as a child. But now that I'm starting to become an adult, it's getting in the way of being able to work and I financially cannot afford to miss work. After I missed two days last month from being sick, I was on an extremely tight budget because those two days affected my whole month.
Aaaaand here I am sick, yet again and trying to push through it so I don't miss work.
What are some ways, without dishing out a lot of money, to help boost my immune system? The last couple of days I've been chugging the Emergen-C drinks but it doesn't seem to really be helping much. I've tried daily vitamins but I never noticed much of a difference.
Please help, it's so irritating getting sick every month or every other month!!

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: How to boost immune system - July 2nd 2017, 04:34 PM

Hey, Fallon! Getting sick can be annoying, especially if you are on a tight budget and trying to get your footing as an adult. My first question would be this: have you ever been to the doctor's? Because a weak immune system could be a result of many things and it's a good idea to get that treated or find ways to reduce the severity so you can carry on with your work and life. If you have been to the doctor's, what did they say about it? Is this something you have to live with for the rest of your life? If you haven't been to the doctor, I seriously recommend going. I understand not wanting to miss work, but I think this would be a good, legitimate excuse to miss a day if the appointment happens to fall on the day you work/have a shift.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: How to boost immune system - July 3rd 2017, 02:04 PM

I also agree with going to the doctors just to get your immune system checked out. You may be deficient in certain vitamins/minerals and may be prescribed these things to help boost your immune system.

It's also important to make sure you are getting enough sleep (around 8 hours per night). Our bodies do a lot of growth and repair when we sleep, and without enough sleep, we may feel worse. Other than that, remember to maintain good hygiene, especially when ill, and generally make sure you are eating and getting exercise. I'm also wondering about your mood and stress levels. I'm not sure if there's a link but when I was ill a lot, I noticed that I felt anxious and depressed a lot and am wondering if there is a link between mood and immune system.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FallonRose Offline
Mind Mischief
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: How to boost immune system - July 4th 2017, 12:27 AM

I don't have a PCP so I haven't ever really been checked out for it. I have been under a lot of stress lately (but when am I not). I'm sure due to my stress/anxiety levels that plays a key role but I'm not sure if I'm lacking any vitamins or minerals. I've thought about trying to get another doctor again but I just don't have any motivation..I really should though because I have an underactive thyroid and I haven't had it checked out in almost 2 years.
Thank you both for your responses.

Live Help Mentor 4/29/2017
Message me if you need anything.

Closed Thread