TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Trouble sleeping - October 27th 2017, 04:47 AM

It takes along time for me to fall asleep and when i wake up at night i cant fall back to sleep how do i fix this

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Re: Trouble sleeping - October 27th 2017, 03:12 PM

Well the best way to fix is, is to figure out why you have so much trouble falling asleep.

Some of the reasons could be that its to hot or to could in your room which can be changed easily.
It could be to bright (or maybe its to dark, it makes some people uncomfortable).
You could be hungry or thirsty. For examply if you don't drink enough or eat early in the evening and go to bed late at night.
The air could also be to dry. Putting a small bowl with water somewhere in the room would help a bit with that (especially if the heather is running, then you should put it on the heather or close to it).
Also you blanket could be to heavy, your bed things scratchy or something like that.
Or there is some noise that keeps you awake.
Those are the things easy to solve.

You could also be not able to sleep because something is going on in your head. Maybe something is coming up soon your dreading or your stressed. That can keep you awake easily.
You might be worrying over things, or afraid to forget something. Keeping a notebook beside your bed might help with that one. At least a bit.
Maybe somethings scares you? I have that problem sometimes and it help to check the room. Look below the bed, in the wardrobe and lock the door properly (once I put a small bell infront of it aswell so I would hear if someone or something entered).
If something is on your mind that keeps you awake the best way would probably be to figure out how to solve whatever is on your mind and you should be able to sleep again without problems.

Until its solved, try to not do something exciting before going to bed (like watching a scary movie or stuff like that). Try to unwind and do something calm. Some tea or hot milk with honey might help as well.
Try to go to bed at the same time every day do establish a sleeping rhythm and get up at the same time as well.
If you really can't sleep, sometimes its also a good idea to get up again and read for a few minutes or do some other relaxing things so you don't get frustrated to much.

Hope you will be able to sleep again soon

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Trouble sleeping - October 28th 2017, 02:58 AM

It might be helpful to get into a routine of some sort. For some people who struggle with sleep, having a routine can help them wind down and get their mind to a place where they are able to fall asleep.

I agree that figuring out the reason you are struggling to sleep might be a good idea as well. Are you struggling to sleep because your mind is racing? Are you unable to get comfortable? If you can figure out the 'why' you might be able to work on it and get to a place where you sleep easier.

You could talk to a doctor as well. I know, a lot of doctors will suggest some over the counter medication that people can take. If that course of treatment does not work, they will, sometimes prescribe a sleeping pill which can help some people.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread