TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Latibule Offline
Just a girl

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Headache causing eye sight to be weird - February 9th 2018, 07:41 AM

So as some of you may have read before, I have been having really bad headaches. I went to the doctor and she thinks it's because I may be clenching my jaw. But it has been 2 or 3 weeks and my head is still killing me, now the sun or light bothers my head even more, I my stomach is upset a lot and to top it off, it has made my eye sight really weird. I wouldn't say it is blurry but it is unfocused and just not right. I really don't want to email my doctor and bug her if it is nothing. I have been taking advil and it seems to help. But the thing is my head is so bad I have been basically sleeping as much as I can just to avoid the headaches. I have no clue what to do to stop these headaches.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself"
|Member 2007|Community Mentor|
|PM/VM|

Send a message via AIM to Latibule Send a message via Yahoo to Latibule Send a message via Skype™ to Latibule 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Headache causing eye sight to be weird - February 9th 2018, 04:42 PM

Headaches and eye sight issues are often related. If you clench your jaw, then it could cause a headache. But the other symptoms you describe- sensitive to light, eyesight problems, stomach problems, could be more of a migraine than a headache.

It sounds like you are in a lot of pain. It's definitely best that you tell your doctor all the symptoms you are having. Even if it's nothing serious, you are still in a lot of pain, which is always worth investigating. And you won't be bugging her at all.

If lights are bothering you, then maybe try wearing sunglasses to see if that helps. It's also always best to listen to your body so if you feel the need to sleep or take things easy, then it's best to do that.

Hope the headaches go away for you soon!

HelpLINK Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Headache causing eye sight to be weird - February 9th 2018, 11:27 PM

Hey there,

I agree with the above poster, while clenching your jaw can cause headaches it seems like you are in quite a lot of pain and it could very well be more than that. A lot of the symptoms you are describing sound like migraines. I know some people also experience eye problems with their migraines. Since I am not a professional I can't say for sure that you are dealing with migraines but it would probably be best to discuss it with your doctor and let her know what your symptoms are etc. If they have this information it might help them to figure out if there is more to your headaches.

A lot of people in my family get migraines and they use sunglasses a lot to help with the sensitivity to light. If you aren't going to be out in public you could also try and keep the house/room you are in as dark as possible.

It's definitely important to listen to your body at this time. While sleeping a lot might be inconvenient it's likely what your body needs.

I hope with time you are able to get this resolved. I know dealing with headaches can be really painful.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
énouement Offline
a human candy corn

I can't get enough

Re: Headache causing eye sight to be weird - February 11th 2018, 08:27 PM

I also agree that this sounds like it could be migraines. When I've had them the main thing that helped me aside from medication was staying in the dark when light was bothering me and avoiding any electronics as screens can make things much worse. I know this definitely limits what you can do since these days people spend a lot of time on electronics, but there may be other things you could try to do instead. If sound doesn't bother you too much then calming music, audiobooks, podcasts, or guided imagery may be something to try. I like the suggestion of sunglasses and if they do help with the light sensitivity then you could try taking a walk. Perhaps earlier in the morning or before the sun sets when it's not as bright outside. I'm not sure if there are any activities you do like crochet, knitting, coloring, or just anything that doesn't require much mental effort or a ton of light to do.

Another helpful thing you could try is hot and cold compresses. The cold helps numb pain and hot helps relax the muscles. Heat personally makes my pain worse so I prefer to ice things, but it's different for everyone. I have a few of those gel ice packs, but when I'm desperate I will use a bag of frozen vegetables. I don't have anything specific for hot compresses, but I will put a hot wet cloth into a sealed plastic bag. A warm shower or bath would have a similar effect. They do make gel hot packs and ones that can be used at both temperatures, but I just don't own any. If you decide to try a hot/cold compress and use something store bought, then be sure to follow any directions and safety information included. If you use any 'homemade' compresses then always wrap them in a towel so they don't come in direct contact with your skin. Which, you should never use a cold compress in one area for more than twenty minutes at a time. Hot compresses you can pretty much use as long as you need, but you still need to be careful with how hot it is.

Be careful with trying to sleep as much as you can because it can actually make it worse and it's just counterproductive. Especially if you try to force yourself to sleep when you're not entirely tired enough to sleep. If your body is saying "Hey, I'm tired. Let's rest." then I say go for it, but perhaps try to sleep less and see if that helps with the pain.

I know you don't want to bother your doctor, but I always say that I'd rather be safe than sorry if I have the means to get an issue checked out.

I'm sorry that you're in so much pain right now and I hope it lets up soon.

i just realized that i might
not know what the hell is going on
fool me once, fool me twice
we're still gonna try
we're gonna carry on

private message me

Last edited by énouement; February 11th 2018 at 08:44 PM.

Closed Thread