TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

ALOT of water - good or bad? - June 12th 2018, 04:38 AM

[SIZE="a"]So I have been having multiple health problems almost all my life. Always had problems with stomach blockage and constipation, ever since I was a baby. I also have been having acne problems on my face as well as dry skin all over my face. I also feel fatigued often.

One thing I have noticed is that I have always disliked drinking water ever since I could remember, and I have a feeling all of these things are related somehow to not drinking enough water/dehydration.

I am thinking of completely changing my overall diet and lifestyle in a Liquid diet, meaning when I eat my meals I focus mainly on liquidy foods to stay more hydrated and healthy. I am hoping drinking more water will give me more energy.

I am eating foods like coffee, yogurt, soups, juices, smoothies, and other drinks -- and LOTS and lots of water. Today I drank a full gallon of pure water.

I am hoping this will not only help the dry skin but also ease the constipation. My goal with this new lifetsyle is to detox my body completely of all excess stuff and cure the stomach blockage and constipation.

My question is, is this new Liquid Detox Cleanse going to help with all these issues? Also, I am not sure if the gallon I drank today was too much water. I heard of a story online where a woman was doing a liquid cleanse and drank a full gallon of water in less than 2 hours and later died due to excess water poisoning. Many believe it was because she drank too fast, but I am worried that maybe also the quanitity is too much?? idk. help.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: ALOT of water - good or bad? - June 12th 2018, 12:13 PM

It is possible to die of drinking too much water, in a short amount of time, but it is rare, so unless you start feeling ill, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I also want to point out that replacing food with a liquid diet can cause health problems, such as dizziness, low blood pressure and low blood sugar levels and is not sustainable in the long term.

Constipation and dry skin can be a result of not drinking enough, but it can also be your diet e.g. not getting enough fruit/vegetables and fibre (important for bowel movements) or enough nutrients. Having too much liquid and not enough fibre may increase your chances of having much softer, watery bowel movements. Whereas ideally, you want a solid bowel movement that's not too easy or hard to pass.

Maybe rather than focusing on liquids, you might want to consider your diet overall, and see if there is anything you are lacking. You can check out the Eat Well Guide from the NHS for an idea of what a healthy and balanced diet looks like. You'll notice that in the guide, it also mentions about having between 6-8 glasses of liquid (not necessarily water) a day to keep hydrated (though this is for the UK so depending on where you are and your lifestyle you might want to adjust that).

Most importantly, have you seen a doctor about your constipation, dry skin and tiredness? While it may be linked to your diet, there are medical issues that can contribute to these things too so it's always best to get checked out by a doctor. They will also be able to prescribe treatments for dry skin and constipation. Best to do that before making changes in your diet as they might be able to provide more insight.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dorris Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ALOT of water - good or bad? - June 19th 2018, 11:34 AM

Water is always good for you. The more you drink, the better for your body.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Re: ALOT of water - good or bad? - June 19th 2018, 03:10 PM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorris View Post
Water is always good for you. The more you drink, the better for your body.
Actually, that is not necessarily true. There is such a thing as too much water and water toxicity. In all honesty, Celyn gave pretty darn good tips.[/size]

Closed Thread