TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Sleep (the amount of time I'm sleeping) - July 18th 2018, 08:29 PM

Is there a way to "sleep faster" or train my body to run on a very little amount of sleep? I have so much to do with my life that I don't want to "waste" it on sleep.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Sleep (the amount of time I'm sleeping) - July 18th 2018, 08:42 PM

I know exactly how you feel! EXACTLY, I am not even joking. Unfortunately, all human beings need at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night or else their bodies will begin to shut down. Perhaps something that can be useful is setting a scheduled sleep time; say 9 PM every night and put the alarm on for 5 AM. That way, you get those required eight hours of sleep, and you are up early enough so you can get the things you need to get done in the morning before you begin the day (school/work) and have freed up your time a bit for the end of the day.

I really do find sleep a waste of time. Who needs it? I myself have a slight fear of sleep, and dreams interfere with my crappy memory, so I don't know what is real and what was part of a dream. It's confusing and upsetting, and I don't know if you experience the same thing. If you do, perhaps you can talk to a doctor or therapist about it.

Best of luck.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sleep (the amount of time I'm sleeping) - July 18th 2018, 08:53 PM

I've noticed that I stopped having scheduled sleep when I began to experience sleep paralysis. It happens pretty regularly usually pretty mild but sometimes extreme. It's a terrifying experience.

I usually naturally can get by with about 7 hours of sleep. But I like to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning so I'd have to go to bed earlier if I want enough sleep. I had this crazy idea that I could just do all these things to optimize my sleep and do all the natural bodily processes in 4 hours. That's isn't possible unless I had a certain gene that allows me to do that... and it's pretty clear that I don't.

I just wish I could find a way to optimize productivity with as little sleep as possible.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Sleep (the amount of time I'm sleeping) - July 19th 2018, 02:55 PM

As it's been said, we do need between 6-8 hours of sleep so I'm not sure there is a healthy way to have less sleep and still be healthy.

That said, I notice you mention sleep paralysis. I get that sometimes too, so I can empathise with how scary it can be and how it affects the quality of your sleep. I'm wondering if you notice any patterns as to when the sleep paralysis occurs? For me, I know that stress and laying on my back can be factors that contribute towards sleep paralysis. It can help to figure out if there are any triggers so that you can try to deal with them before they affect your sleep. At the same time, you may want to talk to a doctor about the sleep paralysis as there may be some conditions that cause sleep paralysis so it's worth getting it checked out.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread