TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Any experience with knee surgery? - August 12th 2019, 05:37 AM

Hey everyone!

This might be a long shot, but does anyone here have any experience with a torn LCL (lateral collateral ligament) in their knee?

After a very long year of knee issues, and already having surgery once to deal with my knee and a torn Meniscus. I just got a MRI done, and the results came back saying I have a "absent" LCL, as well as a torn PCL (another ligament near by) (And before anyone asks, on my MRI is January all ligaments were intact. This was a injury that happened after surgery during my recovery. Its the same knee. I think I returned to work too soon, and I messed it up there. But I have no proof) Its been a long year, and like getting to this point wasn't as easy as I just made it sound.

I'm currently waiting to see my orthopedic surgeon, my appointment is on the 22nd. So all I can do now is wait, look things up and freak myself out because of how bad this sounds.

So I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience with a torn LCL, it can be either you or someone you know. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now by this.

Thanks in advance!

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Any experience with knee surgery? - August 15th 2019, 03:39 PM

Hey Sarah,

Really sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your knee, especially if you've already had previous surgery as well. That sounds very painful.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal or indirect experiences of knee surgery so I can't help much but still wanted to reply. If you are wanting to read reliable information, you can check out this on knee ligament surgery (ACL though not PCL but I imagine it's similar) as well as this on LCL. I know they are UK websites but I imagine it would be similar for you where you are.

I understand you would be feeling very overwhelmed about the prospect of further surgery on your knee and I wish I could do more to help. Hope someone can provide a more personal insight though.

Let us know how your appointment goes

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!