TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GhostOfYou Offline
Sorry I can't be perfect
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Period for almost 2 weeks - February 8th 2010, 08:16 PM

Hey, so normaly I get my period from about 4-6 days. I'm on about day ten now. The blood flow is not exactly slowing down...in fact, It was very heavy the first 2 days, slowed down for the next few days and almsot stopped, and yesterday or the day before I started bleeding heavily again.

It's not normal for me, and this has never happened to me.
It's a strong possibility that the day I started my period (I was very late), I could have miscarriaged a child that I didn't know I was pregnant with. However, I tested about 2 weeks before, and it said negative. So all I have to go by is assuming that I was never pregnant, and that this is just a heavy period.
Anyway, I'm getting really tired. I can't be awake for more than two or three hours at a time anymore. Just typing this, my arms are getting weak.

I'm not freaking out here. I'm just wondering, from either personal experience or just honest advice, if I should see a doctor, or wait it out for a few more days before calling. I don't want to be dramatic or make an extra trip if it's not necassary.

Thanks in advance!

-Melissa
  Send a message via AIM to GhostOfYou Send a message via MSN to GhostOfYou Send a message via Yahoo to GhostOfYou  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
iDream Offline
Cartoon Junkie
Average Joe

Name: Kimberly

Re: Period for almost 2 weeks - February 8th 2010, 08:38 PM

If you've been particularly stressed then that could be the cause. And I'm 99% sure you didn't have a miscarriage. The fact that you're on your period means that you weren't pregnant. :] If this feels like your period, but just longer, then I think it's just that; wait it out a few more days, and if it's still really heavy then if it were me I'd go to the doctor to see if something was up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Re: Period for almost 2 weeks - February 8th 2010, 09:01 PM

first of all, DONT FREAK OUT!! keep your cool and keep listening to your body, being scared wont help anything! secondly, talk to someone you can trust and maybe see your doctor. but the best advice I can give you is to listen to your body, rest up and feel better!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ILoveMayonnaise Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lola

Re: Period for almost 2 weeks - February 8th 2010, 11:35 PM

u could be really stressed maybe or u should see ur doctor

LOLA

TEAM EDWARD
yes im a huge twilight fan <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
GhostOfYou Offline
Sorry I can't be perfect
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: Period for almost 2 weeks - February 9th 2010, 01:21 AM

Thanks guys! I talked to my mom, and although I have been stressed out, she said it was probably because I started a new birth control a month ago, after not being on it for months. She said give it three days before calling.
=]
Thanks again, guys

-Melissa
  Send a message via AIM to GhostOfYou Send a message via MSN to GhostOfYou Send a message via Yahoo to GhostOfYou  
Closed Thread