TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 03:04 AM

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section but it seemed like the most appropriate section.

This girl and I are really starting to get close. I don't think she would really care about my bodily imperfections, but if I can make her happier about it I would certainly like to. Plus, the problem bothers me a little too. So, if we ever get more serious (and this is embarrassing for me to say, even on a somewhat random forum as this), the major concern I have is that I am rather hairy. I mean some guys are hairy, and I know that's natural, but I'm pretty sure I'm a bit more than just a little bit. Personally, I blame my dad's genes, lol.

So, in particular, the areas I'm concerned about would be back, shoulders, stomach, chest, and pubic area. In a past relationship I trimmed up quite a bit with an electric trimmer, but I've heard that this isn't really a good idea. Besides, it always comes back eventually.

So, I guess my real question is what should I do about this? Obviously, I can't afford anything like laser treatment. Is trimming with an electric trimmer about once a month a good idea? Are there alternatives that last longer?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Caro Offline
Average Joe

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 06:22 AM

I actually see nothing wrong with hair. I've been with a super hairy guy and it was fine, you just need to be confident and not worry about it.

I'd suggest trimming the downstairs area because hair in the mouth is really not pleasant but please don't trim the rest of your body. It just makes the hair thicker and more stubbly and prickly which is far from nice. I'd rather deal with lots of hair than deal with prickly bodies.

If you are really concerned and are ready to go all out I suggest getting waxed. The hair doesn't grow back as thick and it lasts 3-4 weeks. But really I don't think it is necessary.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 09:55 AM

I also see nothing wrong with hair. If you're really really paranoid about it, then yeah, trimming doesn't do any harm

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#4 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 01:29 PM

Hmm... I always thought girls hate it. Well, I'll take your word on that then. Thanks. =)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong section but it seemed like the most appropriate section.

This girl and I are really starting to get close. I don't think she would really care about my bodily imperfections, but if I can make her happier about it I would certainly like to. Plus, the problem bothers me a little too. So, if we ever get more serious (and this is embarrassing for me to say, even on a somewhat random forum as this), the major concern I have is that I am rather hairy. I mean some guys are hairy, and I know that's natural, but I'm pretty sure I'm a bit more than just a little bit. Personally, I blame my dad's genes, lol.

So, in particular, the areas I'm concerned about would be back, shoulders, stomach, chest, and pubic area. In a past relationship I trimmed up quite a bit with an electric trimmer, but I've heard that this isn't really a good idea. Besides, it always comes back eventually.

So, I guess my real question is what should I do about this? Obviously, I can't afford anything like laser treatment. Is trimming with an electric trimmer about once a month a good idea? Are there alternatives that last longer?
Hey there.

Some guys have NO hair, some have a LITTLE, and some have a LOT.

Sounds like you and I fit into the 3rd category. NOTHING is wrong with that.

Some girls are going to HATE your body hair, while others will like it. It's just a personal preference on their part. So, you don't really have to worry. I'm hairy too and in the 8th grade. I've been called "grizzly" and "albino gorilla" by some people so I'd make the fair judgement that I have a lot of hair compared to everybody else.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 01:38 PM

Some girls like it, some don't. Some don't care.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#7 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Body Hair - February 23rd 2010, 02:04 PM

I guess I should find out... gonna be kind of an awkward question though, lol...

Closed Thread