TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
foxchick4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

trouble sleeping - February 28th 2010, 09:03 PM

I have had a lot of trouble sleeping lately and i dont know why. i get up around 6 for school every morning but i dont normally start feeling tired till that point. i barely sleep all night. i may sleep and hour or 2 but thats about it. and then i get to school and cant even keep my eyes open. i've been thinking it might be from being stressed out or just worried but idk. i really dont know. all i know is that im completely exhausted and i dont know what to do about it. =/

♫✮You may have fallen but you still have your wings. All you have to do is learn how to fly again✮♫

you never quit on your
music no matter ♫
what happens. 'cause
anytime something
bad happens to you,
that's the one place
you can escape to
♪ and let it all go...
~august rush

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: trouble sleeping - March 1st 2010, 03:46 PM

Hey Melissa,

This happens to me from time to time, too. It's so frustrating! How are your eating and exercise habits? Getting regular, moderate exercise, during the day can help you to be more tired in the evening. Also, make sure your dinner (and snack if you eat after dinner) is stacked with protein, which will help you feel more tired and get to bed, as well.

If you have a lot on your mind (i.e. stress) then your brain is less likely to shut down and you'll stay awake, thinking, even if you don't realize it! Try writing in a journal about what's stressing you out, or talk to a parent/teacher/friend about what's going on. Sometimes getting it out to someone is helpful enough.

If it keeps up, let a parent know, and do a quick visit to see a doctor--can't ever hurt to get a professional's opinion Good luck to you!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
foxchick4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

Re: trouble sleeping - March 1st 2010, 08:44 PM

yea those are some good suggestions. i doubt i'll talk 2 my parents about it cuz they're kinda part of the problem and i have a feeling going to see a doctor about it wont happen. i've been told by a couple of my friends to journal. i write songs and poems and stuff. does that count? cuz it helps sometimes. and the exercise? i get plenty of that. lol i play softball and im a catcher. i have practice everyday for 3 hours. so i think im good on that. lol but yea. my eating habits are pretty messed up so maybe if i get a handle on that and be able to stop thinking at night. idk....

♫✮You may have fallen but you still have your wings. All you have to do is learn how to fly again✮♫

you never quit on your
music no matter ♫
what happens. 'cause
anytime something
bad happens to you,
that's the one place
you can escape to
♪ and let it all go...
~august rush

Closed Thread