TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

What Does This Mean? - March 8th 2010, 10:30 PM

So I went to the doctor for my sudden illness.

We had to give them a culture test and it was supposed to come back today, but they said it's still pending. All that they could gather from it was that there was live blood cell found in my stool- which scared me.

What does that mean? Is there something seriously wrong with me?

Symptoms
  • Vomitting (the first night (Thursday) it was every 30 minutes. I haven't thrown up since Friday, but I still get the urge)
  • Diahrea (stopped on Friday- poop is starting to solidify again, but I don't get much poop now)
  • Dizziness
  • fever
  • drainage (This one started today)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: What Does This Mean? - March 9th 2010, 10:35 PM

Hey Mariah,

How scary. Did they get the results back yet? This could be indicative of a number of things, and since I'm not a doctor, I don't feel like it's right for me to list them all for you--mainly because I don't KNOW, and it would just involve me searching google or something! Did your doctor give you any indication of what this could be? I hope you have an answer soon and it's nothing super scary.

Good luck-
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: What Does This Mean? - March 10th 2010, 04:01 AM

Well he said that it could have been a virus. Some of the culture came back and I DO NOT have food poisoning

But my poop was yellow and when I looked that up it said that it could be a bacterial infection in the intestines and stomach- which is what they told me today. Although we won't have the exact results back until tomorrow, I'm already feeling better.

My stool is browning again, my appetite is coming back and I don't feel as nauseous- not to mention I can hold stuff down now.

So I imagine that it was just a nasty infection that had to run it's course. But I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldemort Offline
Touch My Deathstick
Average Joe

Name: Jade

Re: What Does This Mean? - March 10th 2010, 10:16 AM

I have absolutely no idea what it could be, but I wanted to drop by and say I hope your OK!
I hope they find out what it is quickly, and I hope you continue to get better.

Dance like you mean it.

Buddy from 4th January 2010 - 16th March 2010... Buddy again from 8th September 2010 - October 16th 2011
  Send a message via MSN to Voldemort  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: What Does This Mean? - March 10th 2010, 01:42 PM

Hope it was just a strange, random virus or bug and you continue to get better!

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: What Does This Mean? - March 11th 2010, 12:50 AM

Well I think I'm getting better. I can actually hold stuff down.

But today I went back to school and I felt kind of bad. I went to the nurse's office so that I could take my nausea pills (I have to take them every 4 hours) and they said that I couldn't have them with me- so they took them from me and wouldn't let me take them...because APPARENTLY I look like I'm on drugs. Nah, I know it's regulation, but still. I couldn't access my only relief all day.

So, I was afraid to eat too much, since I didn't have my meds. Thus, I only ate a few crackers for lunch.

Now my Mom is urging me to eat more because she thinks I can handle it, but I'm wondering if I can.

Oh, and the doctor STILL hasn't reviewed my culture results thoroughly...which should have been done Monday. I.want.to.know.what's.wrong.

But it turns out he meant to look over it today, but had to suddenly go over and perform a procedure on someone at the hospital.

So going to school makes me nervous, so I don't feel good most of the time. I have to keep my mind occupied so that I won't feel sick. But I have a hard time focusing at school, so I feel sick.

Closed Thread