TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Embarassing? Blister-like lump on my anus? - February 3rd 2009, 12:53 AM

G'day guys.

Kind of embarassing, I suppose. I went to a party the other day, passed out blind drunk and threw up a couple of times. I woke up the next morning, and had sharp pains between my butt cheeks - it felt like I'd somehow torn the skin of my anus, and it was just painful 'cause I was moving.

I endured it for the next day, but checked my anus the next day because the pain was still persisting and noticed a rather small lump a few millimetres from my anus, and it's about the size of a five cent piece. It looks like one of those water blisters you get from friction - but I don't think it's that; I'm too afraid to try and pop it so I'm not going to. It's skin coloured and still hurts now, 4 days later. The pain's subsided heaps, though. I can walk comfortably and sit comfortably and all that.

I haven't been to the toilet in a few days; just haven't needed to go but I tried this afternoon because I usually get stomach aches from school and it's solved by going to the toilet. When I cleaned up, I noticed blood on the toilet paper. It wasn't a whole lot, so I'm not too worried... but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I know medical diagnosis from peers isn't the way to go, as I understand it can be quite difficult without a full examination, so I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone can give me some medical advice or assistance. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Is it likely that it'll just fade away?

Thanks for any help in advance. (L)

Sorry for the wall of text. :P

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Embarassing? Blister-like lump on my anus? - February 3rd 2009, 12:37 PM

My brother recently had a similar thing. He thought it was a cyst at first (which yours quite possible could be) but then got examined and it turned out to be a bacterial infection, that with antibiotics diminished and after about 2 weeks went away. Could be that, but in either case, you might wanna get it checked out.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Embarassing? Blister-like lump on my anus? - February 3rd 2009, 01:27 PM

The best thing to do would be to see a doctor and have it evaulated, but it sounds as if you may have external hemorrhoids. They're actually much more common than you think. You may want to try some preparation H to help with the symptoms.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

Closed Thread