TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   How do I get him to sleep? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t43801-how-do-i-get-him-sleep/)

Worried_fiance May 5th 2010 02:32 AM

How do I get him to sleep?

My fiance has seizures mainly when he's upset or doesn't get enough sleep. He knows he's suppose to get a certain amount of sleep every day, but he tries to stay up later than he should. He says its in case I need something. I've told him many times he needs to sleep or he's going to end up in the hospital again, but he won't listen unless I pretty much beg him to get some sleep. He knows that when he has a seizure it scares me. I love him with all my heart and I don't want anything to happen to him. How do I get him to listen and get the sleep he needs?

Daydreamer May 5th 2010 02:50 AM

Re: How do I get him to sleep?

Well if he's worried you might need something, why not try going to bed with him? Or if you can't sleep as early as he needs why not try reading or going on your computer in the bed with him and promise if you need anything you'll wake him up, although I doubt you'll need to. Hope this helps :)

Worried_fiance May 5th 2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daydreamer (Post 381616)
Well if he's worried you might need something, why not try going to bed with him? Or if you can't sleep as early as he needs why not try reading or going on your computer in the bed with him and promise if you need anything you'll wake him up, although I doubt you'll need to. Hope this helps :)

We don't live together right now. He knows that if I need anything I'll call him.

Prozac May 5th 2010 05:15 PM

Hey there,

It's lovely that you both care so much about each other! It is important that you do make your fiance's health a priority. It seems as though he's mainly concerned about your needs and so your best idea is to try and reassure him that you will call if you need him and tell him that this is having an impact and worrying you. Perhaps you could call him late at night and in the morning, just to tell him that everything is okay.

Take care.

Worried_fiance May 5th 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantine (Post 382059)
Hey there,

It's lovely that you both care so much about each other! It is important that you do make your fiance's health a priority. It seems as though he's mainly concerned about your needs and so your best idea is to try and reassure him that you will call if you need him and tell him that this is having an impact and worrying you. Perhaps you could call him late at night and in the morning, just to tell him that everything is okay.

Take care.

I usually txt him every morning when I get up so he knows I'm ok. Then he takes his medicine and I make him go sleep and he txts me when he gets up.